Got my new seek pack

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all

My lanner 5400 arrived in the mail today. I have owned a number of quality packs in the last few years and it’s clear the seek outside pack is well made. Going to take some time adjusting everything but that is to be expected. So far with 50 lbs in the pack I prefer it without the lumbar pad. Any tips or tricks for adjusting the pack would be great. Thanks

Reactions: R2J

CoStick

WKR
Hey all

My lanner 5400 arrived in the mail today. I have owned a number of quality packs in the last few years and it’s clear the seek outside pack is well made. Going to take some time adjusting everything but that is to be expected. So far with 50 lbs in the pack I prefer it without the lumbar pad. Any tips or tricks for adjusting the pack would be great. Thanks
I don‘t use the lumbar pad, prefer the free float feeling. They have a fitting video, go through it with someone helping you fit the pack. Easier with two people

Reactions: R2J

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
SO's fitting videos are really good. I have too much curve in my back to go without the lumbar pad for any significant load. Iwould leave it behind if I could.

Rokwiia

WKR
Congratulations on your new SO backpack. Here are two good ones regarding fit. They have several more you can review. The first one is especially good.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I did that packing heavy loads video and was going to post a link to it...too slow LOL!

My advice is to watch that video a couple times and get some weight in the pack. If something doesn't work, figure out why. The second video posted goes into the adjustments more, the first video deals more with how to make the adjustments work for you.

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I watched the videos. I got it pretty close to setup, going to take some real use on the mountain to dial it in. The more I play with the pack the more I love it. I think you would be hard pressed to find a pack better then the lanner. I have owned a MR and a SG and now a SO all this year. So far love it

mtnlomo

FNG
How long did you wait for it? I ordered mine (Fortress 4800) 5 weeks ago and am excited to get out and put it through the paces.

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t remember exactly was like 10 weeks maybe less

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Rather than start a new thread, I'm gonna piggyback on this one. I received my Seek Outside Lanner 5400 yesterday and am thoroughly impressed. I've only put about 60 lbs in it, but it already carries (for me) much better than my MR Metcalf. Having two separate adjustments for the top and bottom of the hipbelt really allow it to conform to the top of my hipbones without having the crank it down uncomfortably tight, as I usually do on the Metcalf. I also love the flexibility of putting compression gatekeeper straps where ever I'd like rather than having fixed/unmovable straps. Even though the Lanner is only spec'd as slightly larger (5400ci vs 4300ci on Metcalf), I feel like I can fit almost twice as much in it. Looking forward to putting this pack to use!

If anyone else is curious about lead time, their projected lead time was pretty spot on. At the time of purchase the estimate was 6-8 weeks and I received in 6 weeks.

Unrelated to the above, @Kevin_t will you be offering the matty mcmattface again in the future? I can't seem to find it on the website.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rather than start a new thread, I'm gonna piggyback on this one. I received my Seek Outside Lanner 5400 yesterday and am thoroughly impressed. I've only put about 60 lbs in it, but it already carries (for me) much better than my MR Metcalf. Having two separate adjustments for the top and bottom of the hipbelt really allow it to conform to the top of my hipbones without having the crank it down uncomfortably tight, as I usually do on the Metcalf. I also love the flexibility of putting compression gatekeeper straps where ever I'd like rather than having fixed/unmovable straps. Even though the Lanner is only spec'd as slightly larger (5400ci vs 4300ci on Metcalf), I feel like I can fit almost twice as much in it. Looking forward to putting this pack to use!

If anyone else is curious about lead time, their projected lead time was pretty spot on. At the time of purchase the estimate was 6-8 weeks and I received in 6 weeks.

Unrelated to the above, @Kevin_t will you be offering the matty mcmattface again in the future? I can't seem to find it on the website.

Regarding Matty - There was an explosion at our foam manufacturer. This may impact packs at some point as well . We are still working through details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Kevin_t First, I hope everyone is ok at the factory. Second, Matty must return. I own two of these things (1 cut to the width of my sleeping pad) and love them. I am an evangelist for them. Have convinced 2 of my buddies to buy them and probably numerous strangers I met hiking. I should get a Commision.

Matty will never die!