Got one

Jimbob

WKR
Well my season so far has been really up and down. My dad came out west from Ontario and he was in bad shape and did not enjoy goat country (afraid of heights). We went way up North for caribou and sheep but got snowed out, two feet hit where we were on the mountain. Came back home and hunted close by.

Spotted two goats bedded from the truck and my Dad stayed while I went up after the billy. The fog rolled and visibility was about 45 feet. When it briefly cleared I was in position and took this goat. I was not patient enough and thought it was the billy. Felt pretty stupid when I got to her and realized I shot the wrong one. This hunt was more about doing it with my Dad when he was here but I still wish I was more patient. Two days earlier I was set-up on a bedded goat and I passed when he stood because I wasn't sure of billy or nanny. Turns out he was a billy but he stepped behind rocks before I could shoot.

She tastes great and it was a cool experience with my Dad. Going forward I will never rush again with a goat, 100% billy or nothing.

Time to head down

hikenhunt

WKR
Great experience and great company! Don't be too hard on yourself, congratulations!