Got the new Sitka Subalpine in

Kilboars

WKR
And it's all going back

I believe the fabric is loader than the old stuff. Not happy.

Ive been waiting for this new line since they announced it last year believing it was geared more towards bowhunter and it would be a quieter fabric. Nope.

Bought the Mountain Jacket and pants and the Ascent pants but didn't even open the pants to try them on.

May be back to their old stuff or Kuiu again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
The mountain pants are loud even just squatting down with them on. The zipper is louder as well:-(
Not happy.

The fit is tighter in the pants as well. Fits more like Kuiu now.

I'll call them in the am and see what's up. Don't know if they get quieter after washing.

Davebuech

WKR
According to the Sitka size chart, the mountain pant and the ascent run different in sizing. If you are finding the Ascent to run smaller in the same size though I am confused. I would take a size smaller in the Ascent than the mountain to get the same waist size as per Sitka chart.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
According to the Sitka size chart, the mountain pant and the ascent run different in sizing. If you are finding the Ascent to run smaller in the same size though I am confused. I would take a size smaller in the Ascent than the mountain to get the same waist size as per Sitka chart.

I usually wear a 36T in Sitka pants which are a little big but I saw they offered a 35T in pre order so I tried them.

I believe they are more fitted than my other Sitka pants.

Mostly whitetail with a longbow...

will also use for Elk and Rifle.

I also go the Kelvin Lite Jacket, Traverse zip T and base layers.

I'll go back and try and listen for noise, but I wasn't concerned.

Are you bowhunting or rifle?

I'm sure it's different material.

And it's all going back

I believe the fabric is loader than the old stuff. Not happy.

Ive been waiting for this new line since they announced it last year believing it was geared more towards bowhunter and it would be a quieter fabric. Nope.

Bought the Mountain Jacket and pants and the Ascent pants but didn't even open the pants to try them on.

May be back to their old stuff or Kuiu again.

Good! I am so heavily invested in FL and KUIU (moving away from) , I did not want another system I wanted :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

my jet stream is about as quiet as my other softshells. I am going to get a baselayer top as well. Seems like good stuff to me. It isn't as quiet as the elevated fleece stuff but it isn't technically built for shooting from a stand 15 or 20 feet above a deers head.

I guess it could allows be quieter but I am not too concerned.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
my jet stream is about as quiet as my other softshells. I am going to get a baselayer top as well. Seems like good stuff to me. It isn't as quiet as the elevated fleece stuff but it isn't technically built for shooting from a stand 15 or 20 feet above a deers head.

I guess it could allows be quieter but I am not too concerned.

I think the heavier it is the quieter it gets.

I may try the 90% pant and jacket and see if the made that quieter than my other 90% Sitka.
The pattern is ok but not replace your whole system good.

Still a little disappointed. Got the rest of my order in tonight, zip-T's gloved, hat all in Subalpine. Not even going to open the bags.
Ive been a Sitka fan for years and was really looking forward to an improved Sitka line.

I pulled out my old Sitka and old Kuiu stuff to see which way I'd be going in the future.

elkyinzer

WKR
Not discounting your experience, but I have found the perceived noise while wearing clothes is significantly louder than it actually is a couple feet away. Also, fabrics quiet down or break in with very little wear and a couple washings.

I guess I don't get this, your down on something, and it seems like you haven't taken most of it out the bags.

pwsINC

WKR
I think the heavier it is the quieter it gets.

I may try the 90% pant and jacket and see if the made that quieter than my other 90% Sitka.
The pattern is ok but not replace your whole system good.

Still a little disappointed. Got the rest of my order in tonight, zip-T's gloved, hat all in Subalpine. Not even going to open the bags.
Ive been a Sitka fan for years and was really looking forward to an improved Sitka line.

I pulled out my old Sitka and old Kuiu stuff to see which way I'd be going in the future.

Bummer for you since someone bought your timberlines in open country off you. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Not discounting your experience, but I have found the perceived noise while wearing clothes is significantly louder than it actually is a couple feet away. Also, fabrics quiet down or break in with very little wear and a couple washings.

Yeah. I'm sure it would quiet down some after several washes but I think it's just to thin and durable of a fabric.
Ill let someone else who gets the mountain jacket and pants chime in on what they think.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I guess I don't get this, your down on something, and it seems like you haven't taken most of it out the bags.

I'm not going to keep the shirts, hats and gloves if I'm not going to wear the pant and jacket. It's less work for Sitka to get them back out if I don't open them.
But that's just me.