Gotta Ask..Stuff or Fold???

jamaro

FNG
Ok.. I gotta ask... When you are putting your stuff in the stuff sack to you fold nicely or do you just start stuffing???
Seriously...
J-

mtnkid85

WKR
Most highly compresable things like down jackets, sleeping bags, insulation layers get stuffed. Tents, tarps, pads get folded the minimum amount of times to fit in the desired space then rolled up tight.
I very rarely use any sort of stuff sacks. My pack simply acts as one giant "stuff sack" with everything stacked inside, in approx. order of use.

OP
J

jamaro

FNG
Ok.. Now I don't' feel like a slacker... i stuff everything... :)

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
SO 6, rolled. TiGoat V5 stuffed. Woobie, stuffed. Sleeping bag, stuffed. Neoair, rolled. Each piece has its own weird set of instructions.

TJ

WKR
I have to roll my tent up (Tarptent Moment), but everything else gets stuffed.

I just began putting my neoair inside my sleeping bag and then stuff the whole works.

Seems to work just fine.

littlebuf

Banned
Ive always rolled my sleeping bag. is there some advantage to stuffing it? either way it fits in the same stuff sack.just curious

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard that stuffing it preserves both loft and dwr finishes, because the insulation doesn't get compressed the same way over and over, and the fabrics don't get repeated creased the same way, wearing the DWR in those areas.

I stuff because it is easy.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw