Gouthro's Moose madness series?

bobhunts

WKR
I just got it in the mail tonight and cannot wait to watch it this weekend or maybe one dvd per night. Have any of you used this series yet and was it helpfull? Bob.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I used it and have called in a fair number of bulls after learning. I also learned from the master himself and killed my 52" Bull with Alex as he called it in for me. Had a great night too.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. In 2009 I drew a Idaho moose tag. I searched for all the Moose calling info and came across Gouthros video and decide it was to much. However, I purchased a few other Moose videos. The best one I came across was Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo Moose Mana 1. It had some great hunting scenerios. I ended up arrowing a P&Y bull that I had called in. Any info will be helpful and I'm sure you'll master the call.
Good Luck
View attachment 5555View attachment 5556

OP
B

bobhunts

WKR
I will update as I started the thread. I have had little time to watch but I will say after going through one and half of the second one they are very lenghty and informative I will finish the series " I hope " tomarrow. They are no waste of money by any means. If you were someone that no idea of what a moose is or how they live there life this video series will give you a ton of info from what I have seen so far. I'm sure I will re-watch it all before I leave for Alaska in September this year! Bob.

bowuntr

WKR
I bought the set as well but haven't had the time to watch it yet. I loaned it to my partner and he said he watched the first two and fell asleep during both of them... funny. He said lots of info but kinda dry presentation. We'll see... Ed F

magpie

Banned
I see no reason to have to buy a video on calling moose if you have the internet. Plenty of stuff on youtube and google to save some $$$. I agree on most of the moose calling dvds, they will put you to sleep. Calling moose isn't rocket science, IMHO they are the easiest animal to call in. Now field judging could be a different story....

Ed,
Was it Jason that fell asleep watching it???

bowuntr

WKR
No it was my 2013 partner Bret. Jason isn't worried about calling... he leaves that up to me. Is Magpie = Ernesto??? If so... stand by buddy... can't wait for a halibut burger and Alaskan Amber at Humpys... it's on me. Ed F

magpie

Banned
yes sir Ed it is me. On your return trip we will have to have some beers and grilled dall sheep burgers!

bowuntr

WKR
Right on... That'd be a first for me... Dall sheep burgers, mmmm. You're right, anybody can call them big ol dumb moose in... Ed F