GPO BINOS

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
In had a GPO Passion HD 8x42 for review. It will push anything made to the limit, optical image or build quality.

They are former Zeiss and Sawarovski engineers and marketers. Richard Schmidt, former President of Zeiss Sports Optics is in Germany and Mike Jensen, formerly of both Swarovski and Zeiss is in Virginia. Other ex Zeiss employees are in Germany.

Neil944

FNG
Would you consider GPO’s top end to be comparable to Maven B series quality? (Particularly B2)

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I would. Had I been in a position of needing a binocular and had I not already had all three B1, B2, and B3, it would have been a tough choice between the Maven B1 and GPO HD. I think the B2 is a little better, but is also pretty big. If fov is important, Maven, for reasons I don't grasp fully, understates their fov. GPO is pretty much on spec, giving the fov advantage to the Maven.

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think the Mavens advantage is only in the FOV?
Both of those are excellent binoculars and either would be a superb choice. The fov is about the only thing there to pick a nit with. The other difference is ergonomic. The Maven has a softer silicone rubber armor, while the GPO has more exposed finish (kind of like rifle bluing) and lesser amounts of rubber armor on the inside of the barrels.

ScottTL

FNG
Thanks Steve, I’ve been looking at the Passion HD vs the Mavens for a while now. I like the idea of the 9x45.