GPO Passion HD vs Zeiss Conquest HD (10 x 42)

jscheil

FNG
I am debating between these options (both at the $600-$650 price point (used mint). I’ve read a bunch, and my research has me leaning Conquest, but I am still on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of those two I would go with the Zeiss. But go look through a pair of Tract Torics before you make your decision…. My eyes love them more than everything but NLs and noctovids.

JGRaider

WKR
GPO is great, as is Tract Toric, and Maven. Big problem is you will take a beating on resale if you decide to sell them later.

Sounds like at $650 the beating has already been taken. I find the GPOs to be very very close to SLC's in terms of the quality of the viewing experience. The build quality and fit and finish is that of a top-notch alpha binocular. With GPO you get a locking diopter and positive click, multi-position eye cups. I own 2 pair of GPOs and am completely satisfied. A pair of used Mavens which I own as well, would fall in or maybe just above that range and be a fantastic choice as well and would be my hands down choice if you could find a pair.

Optikus

FNG
Sorry for the necro post but i tried both Conquest HD and Passion HD side by side (8x42 both) and well, the Passion HD had bigger eye relief, larger image but too big and too uncomfortably heavy and the image was darker and not as crisp as the Conquest HD, just my take on it, would go with the conquest any day.