GPO Range Guide 10x50

Anyone have any experience with the GPO rangeguide 10x50 binos? How do they compare with Swaro or Leica? Thanks

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The GPO is an excellent unit. More between the Sig/Vortex/Athlon and the Leica/Swarovski's. I'd say they're similar in quality to the Meopta

JGRaider

WKR
Doug, just the other day I asked you specifically about the GPO unit, and this is your quoted answer.....

"I would say it's in the same basket of options like the Sig Sauer BDX 3000, Vortex Fury, Nikon LaserForce, Athlon Cronus Rangefinder.
The GPO is very dependable and the optics are excellent."

Now you say it's in between these units and the Leica/Swaro models. So....which one is it? ON par or in between????

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Doug, just the other day I asked you specifically about the GPO unit, and this is your quoted answer.....

"I would say it's in the same basket of options like the Sig Sauer BDX 3000, Vortex Fury, Nikon LaserForce, Athlon Cronus Rangefinder.
The GPO is very dependable and the optics are excellent."

Now you say it's in between these units and the Leica/Swaro models. So....which one is it? ON par or in between????
Had a chance to do a side by side with the GPO, Sig, Athlon and Meopta the other day and the GPO was brighter in lower light conditions than the Sig and Athlon

rokbottom

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any other experience with any versions of the Rangeguides?

I currently use Meostars and a Nitro 1800, but I want a consolidated unit. I have used the Nikon Laserforce and Gen 1 Vortex Fury. To my eyes, the Fury was better than the Laserforce. I’m not sure if something was up with the Nikons. Both lasers left me wanting.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The optics in the GPO are excellent. The rangefinder is a good simple style rangefinder. Not in the category of the Sig, however, optically it blows the Sig away

rokbottom

Lil-Rokslider
The optics in the GPO are excellent. The rangefinder is a good simple style rangefinder. Not in the category of the Sig, however, optically it blows the Sig away
What non-range finding binoculars would you compare these to?

Would these be in between the Leica Geovid R and HD-R?

JGRaider

WKR
A buddy of mine sent me his GPO 10x50 RangeBino to see what I think of them. I currently own a really good sample of the Fury 5000 AB, and he wanted to see how his compared as I finish out the mule deer season here in TX. My eyeballs see it like this:

Optics-GPO has a yellow tint and appears brighter than the Fury AB, but glassing with them both side by side on tripods tells me they both get you at least to the end of legal shooting light (30 min after sunset). Optics in both units are equally sharp, and they are sharp. No advantage either way in light gathering ability.

Build quality-slight edge to the GPO. They are very smooth to operate, and everything that is supposed to move and adjust does so very smoothly.

Rangefinder-GPO is very fast to get a readout, the Fury is ever so slightly lagging, but is still fast. The Fury has more range than the GPO. I can get ranges pretty consistently on sandhills and tank batteries out to 4000 yds with the Fury, and the GPO will "only" get to 2800, which is plenty far enough. The Fury has been unaffected by cold weather ranging, the GPO has as well for the most part but it's a little more cold natured than the Fury. Both are light years ahead of the Geovid's I've owned in this regard. The Fury doesn't miss a beat at 15* F, which is the coldest temps I've tried them in.

I'll answer any questions if I can.

A buddy of mine sent me his GPO 10x50 RangeBino to see what I think of them. I currently own a really good sample of the Fury 5000 AB, and he wanted to see how his compared as I finish out the mule deer season here in TX. My eyeballs see it like this:

Optics-GPO has a yellow tint and appears brighter than the Fury AB, but glassing with them both side by side on tripods tells me they both get you at least to the end of legal shooting light (30 min after sunset). Optics in both units are equally sharp, and they are sharp. No advantage either way in light gathering ability.

Build quality-slight edge to the GPO. They are very smooth to operate, and everything that is supposed to move and adjust does so very smoothly.

Rangefinder-GPO is very fast to get a readout, the Fury is ever so slightly lagging, but is still fast. The Fury has more range than the GPO. I can get ranges pretty consistently on sandhills and tank batteries out to 4000 yds with the Fury, and the GPO will "only" get to 2800, which is plenty far enough. The Fury has been unaffected by cold weather ranging, the GPO has as well for the most part but it's a little more cold natured than the Fury. Both are light years ahead of the Geovid's I've owned in this regard. The Fury doesn't miss a beat at 15* F, which is the coldest temps I've tried them in.

I'll answer any questions if I can.
What’s color difference in the side that shows the display compared to the other? I sold my Sigs because of the variance in color between lenses. Hoping to replace them with the Furys, GPOs, or Geovid-are.