GPS android apps

Oh, sorry....i didn't see that. What about the small clear bags? Not veggies, but the models made for electronics. They are made so you can still use the touch screen. That opens up your phone selection quite a bit. Small price to pay for something you won't need 99% of the time.

What about the small clear bags? Not veggies, but the models made for electronics. They are made so you can still use the touch screen. That opens up your phone selection quite a bit. Small price to pay for something you won't need 99% of the time.

I have one (the Monoprice one I believe) but haven't used it as I don't need it for my phone so I can't speak to performance. The major downside is the inability to use the camera when in the bag. One of my primary uses is to take pictures while fishing when I don't want to risk my RX100. Most good modern phones are waterproof to one aspect or another, but it was glaringly missing from the Google Pixel, which I would buy today if it weren't for it's absence.

Back on track with using your phone for a GPS, I highly recommend ensuring at least 64GB or expendable storage (micro SD card) in order to be able to bring more map layers including satellite imagery into the backcountry which can be very useful for hunting. I also like to save a lot of music for offline listening when hiking (not in hunting season), falling asleep, or sometimes around the campfire.