GPS - Satellite Images / SOS Button / Inreach

treillw

WKR
Are there any GPS units out there that let you download (or come loaded with) a google earth style satellite image? I find the sat image very useful while exploring new areas, trying to sneak up on animals, looking for a trail through the open, or finding the easiest way through the woods.

I used onx on my cell phone this past season for day hunts and it worked great for the most part. I wouldn't be too exciting about relying on my phone for any multi-day hunts though. My battery is typically dead by the end of one day. I carry a Garmin Oregon 650T along with me also as a backup GPS - I purchased it before trying Onx this year and I trust it a lot more than I do my phone.

Something else I'm considering is getting an inreach, or similar device, with a SOS button on it. It would be awesome if there was a rescue device available that could be loaded with satellite maps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ghost338

FNG
I'm not aware of any SOS device that also does satellite imagery. So I think that leaves you with phone and GPS options. Have you checked out BirdsEye by Garmin? I believe the satellite imagery is compatible with the Oregon unit you already have. $30/year subscription. You can also put all your points of interest in the GPS with the BaseCamp program, which is free.

bulzeye11

FNG
Are there any GPS units out there that let you download (or come loaded with) a google earth style satellite image? I find the sat image very useful while exploring new areas, trying to sneak up on animals, looking for a trail through the open, or finding the easiest way through the woods.

I used onx on my cell phone this past season for day hunts and it worked great for the most part. I wouldn't be too exciting about relying on my phone for any multi-day hunts though. My battery is typically dead by the end of one day. I carry a Garmin Oregon 650T along with me also as a backup GPS - I purchased it before trying Onx this year and I trust it a lot more than I do my phone.

Something else I'm considering is getting an inreach, or similar device, with a SOS button on it. It would be awesome if there was a rescue device available that could be loaded with satellite maps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

are you putting your phone into airplane mode?