GPS versus onXmaps

IL Red

FNG
I've got an older never been used Garmin 60CXS GPS. How's that compared to the newer onXmaps?

I've completely ditched my GPS. Carry my phone in airplane mode with the maps I need downloaded ahead of time. Works better than any GPS unit I ever used.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
That particular model you have will take the onX chip. But I agree with some above and ditched the gps and use my phone.

I had a 60csx and spoke to OnX about some issues with the maps not showing all the markers and most importantly the guzzlers in NV. They told me that the 60csx is too old technology to function even close to the potential of the chips they offer. I ended up putting the chip in my alpha100 (dog training and tracking) unit and OMG what a difference.

that all being said.... im about to switch to the phone

oldgoat

WKR
I've completely ditched my GPS. Carry my phone in airplane mode with the maps I need downloaded ahead of time. Works better than any GPS unit I ever used.

This!^^^^^
I do carry small backup if I'm going someplace alone that I'm not familiar with! I mark the truck and turn it off, still haven't needed it, been using my phone since 2011!

Johnboy

WKR
Are you phone guys using OnX as your GPS app? Or is there something you've found better/preferred for any particular reason? I recently subscribed to OnX and am getting familiar with it. I haven't yet used the app, as I've only used my PC to access their website.

Are you phone guys using OnX as your GPS app? Or is there something you've found better/preferred for any particular reason? I recently subscribed to OnX and am getting familiar with it. I haven't yet used the app, as I've only used my PC to access their website.

I like gaia for my main gps. And use onx for land ownership and boundaries. I also use the online computer app when at home scouting.