GPS Watch

JMDavies

WKR
Good morning,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality watch that includes GPS, topo and weather?

tdot

WKR
Do these watches only display coordinates or do they display maps of sufficient size/detail that you can plan a route on them?

OP
J

JMDavies

WKR
The Garmin 6 series has maps, topo, weather and a ton of other capabilities. I'm looking at the 6x Sapphire.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
couple things. Camo fire had fenix on sale for 299.00 . 2 days ago. if thats youre route. But I was in the same boat . And I got a garmin instinct and couldnt be happier . I have a in reach mini. And the 2 together are MONEY. for almost the same price as a finix I got both. I think its a way better option. I have a back up if 1 fails. 2. I have a sos button for emergency. 3. they link together so You dont have to have a big ass watch on your wrist 4. I can text and send messages with no cell service from my watch if you dont have service. Just my 2 cents. The instinct does ALOT.

OP
J

JMDavies

WKR
Thank you. I'll check it out. I have the standard Inreach (not the mini) do you know if the instinct is compatible?

rcdinaz

FNG
Great reply! I have been very close to getting the instinct. Amazon has the black for $189 right now.

I really want it for the site and go, it seems this would be a big help marking a spot or game from up high and then working to get there. Always a lot tougher than it seems to like it should be to end up where you want to go.

*zap*

WKR
I have an older Suunto Ambit2 that has gps. Sure is nice when I do hiking and can look at the whole route on my laptop and see heart rate, speed, altitude and other info for any point of the trail.....the whole hike can be displayed in different color 'heart rate zones'.....The standard gps features are nice also....but if you are doing heart rate training the available info I can look at after a session is very useful.

Last edited:
For that price point you can get a heck of a nice stand alone gps. Better still, grab a brand new in box S7 phone for $210 and have a complete GPS, On-X, camera platform with almost unlimited capability. Get days of battery life in low power mode.

For me, trying to use a watch for navigation is not something I want to do. Small screen won't work for my old eyes. 😁 👀

tdhanses

WKR
Thank you. I'll check it out. I have the standard Inreach (not the mini) do you know if the instinct is compatible?

Only the mini and the new standard size, 66i or whatever it is. The older ones up to when the mini was released, no.

Wassid82

WKR
I had a Fenix 3 and used it for several years. I loved it......they are expensive. now I just think I could buy the new 6 or um keep my kidney