Grakksaw Game Bags

OP
carsonkeys
I stuffed a whole boned out sheep into one argali high country game bag and put it on the load shelf of my k3. It sounds like the graksaw system takes multiple bags. How are you packing this meat. Relying on a buddy?
This will be my first, so I have no experience. Ideally we both have a sheep to pack!

My plan was to throw the bags into the SG dry bag thing meant to sit in the load shelf while moving, and then take the bags out for airing out when stopped for evenings.

This will be my first, so I have no experience. Ideally we both have a sheep to pack!

My plan was to throw the bags into the SG dry bag thing meant to sit in the load shelf while moving, and then take the bags out for airing out when stopped for evenings.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but I personally wouldn’t put the meat in a dry bag. IMO the meat needs to breathe and keep cool. I just put the game bags on the load shelf. You will get a little blood on the pack but it washes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am misunderstanding but I personally wouldn’t put the meat in a dry bag. IMO the meat needs to breathe and keep cool. I just put the game bags on the load shelf. You will get a little blood on the pack but it washes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dry bag could be good for extended periods of really wet conditions. But for the most part I agree with you. I also think the weight savings of a graksaw system is negated by the added weight of a 4oz SG dry bag. Maybe sometimes lighter isn’t always lighter. Just my 2cents

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
No experience with the Graccsaw bags, but the TAG bags I'm using are tough, but still light- I've hauled multiple loads of elk, deer and half of my sheep this year- just wash them and they are like new.

I have various sizes, but the 24x44" will haul out a boned out ram easily and weighs 3.1 oz. If splitting the load, you could by with their 14x34" bags - 1.8 oz/each. I think a cape would fit in the 14x34" as well.

d_worno-1986

Lil-Rokslider
I used them on my sheep hunt this year (see the orange below).

They're light and ideal for boned-out meat... a perfect choice for backpack sheep hunting. Just consider having one larger bag for the cape.

View attachment 629178
How do they seem on duarbility? I've been running the argali game bags that are great, but I just need to get a new set. I would hope to be able to use them for more than just sheep and goat

Pretty much settles that. I’ll be ordering a set. Thanks everyone!

I didn’t realize his bags were so light. I’ll look into those!

What did you end up buying? Been eyeing the grakksaws but just worried about durability.

My plan is to use them for sheep and goat hunts this fall. My plan if I get a goat was to leave it bone in for about two days before boning, to help with the toughness that many claim about goat meat. I am sure I'd be hanging them from a tree while goat hunting as well and wouldn't want them to crap out on me.