Grand Junction Bow Shoots?

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
Just moved to Grand Junction and was wondering if there are any weekly 3D shoots or anything of the sort.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

I'm in Montrose and I know they just had one up on hwy 90 here. There should be several more here and there's some on Grand Mesa, and also out by Glade Park. If you do facebook, I'd look at black canyon archers and go talk to Gabe at Red Rock archery. Also, the R100 will be in Meeker the beginning of June. If you get any sort of calendar, I'd love a copy.
Welcome!
Cody

OP
2RiversCO

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up Cody and Bdog I can't seem to figure out how to PM on here.

elkduds

WKR
Click on user's name, then start a conversation. Used to be 3D shoots on Glade Park every summer.

Congratulations on landing in GJ, great hub of outdoor adventures.

Last edited:
OP
2RiversCO

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
@elkduds Thanks, I am looking forward to spending some quality time in the woods in the upcoming months and hunting season. A lot better area than North Texas.

I still don't see the start conversation button, but thanks for the heads up.

Phaseolus

WKR
The ‘Hub’ of archery talk is Red Rock Archery in Clifton. Go talk with them, they will know what is happening. I’m in Palisade.

KHNC

WKR
There is also a train to hunt event at Powderhorn Resort July 6-7 this year. I am flying out from NC to shoot and compete. Usually a great turnout at these events.

OP
2RiversCO

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
I saw that plan on attending as well, mainly looking for a weekly 3D shoot if anyone has them that often.

Used to be a few shoots a year on Glade park but I just talked to the people that run the range up there last week and they said that they will be shutting down because the BLM won't renew their lease. So that probably does away with those shoots.

There is a new shooting facility that just opened up in Cameo, they have a 3D range with targets out to 60 yards. I'm not sure if they have any plans for hosting any shoots there or not.

The Glade Park shoot is a great time. Did a couple of those when I was working in Junction a couple years ago. I used to take my 3d target out to the north side of the airport and shoot out there, and up on the Mesa as well. Found some great places to hunt elk too ;)

Used to be a few shoots a year on Glade park but I just talked to the people that run the range up there last week and they said that they will be shutting down because the BLM won't renew their lease. So that probably does away with those shoots.

There is a new shooting facility that just opened up in Cameo, they have a 3D range with targets out to 60 yards. I'm not sure if they have any plans for hosting any shoots there or not.

Wow that's too bad!