Gratitude

Fullfan

WKR
Thankful every day that I am alive. Car accident tried to kill me back in 2016, Spent 9 weeks in the hospital, 18 months not walking. My right leg was almost taken off above the knee, every step I take I'm thankful for the young ortho surgeon that did a great job putting me back together. Every day is a gift......

Tonight I'm thankful for modern conveniences like indoor plumbing, a furnace to heat my home , AC in the summer, hot showers, lights with the flick of a switch. Last summer our AC fan motor went out and it took 8 days to get a repairman to come to fix it. One night it was 88 degrees in the house when we went to bed. We were miserable. I know I'm not as tough as my grandparents were.
Not knocking you, but, I'm thankful that I can fix most anything myself. My AC fan motor went out this summer and I shoehorned a new one in there within three hours. And that includes going a half hour each way to get one. Which was the wrong one, but i 'adapted it' shall we say. Can't imagine having to go through life reliant on repairmen and others to solve problems.

Last edited:
OP
R

rangerdye

FNG
Not knocking you, but, I'm thankful that I can fix most anything myself. My AC fan motor went out this summer and I shoehorned a new one in there within three hours. And that includes going a half hour each way to get one. Which was the wrong one, but i 'adapted it' shall we say. Can imagine having to go through life reliant on repairmen and others to solve problems.
No doubt that is something to be thankful for!

I try to do most repairs myself but couldn't find a vendor in my state that would even sell me a motor. They would only sell to contractors. Was going to take even longer to get one online and then shipped so we waited for a repairman. All that said, I probably would have broken a different part trying to install it (like happens with most things I try to fix), so maybe that was a blessing in disguise!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I’m thankful to have been raised by the greatest father imaginable. He taught me to love the outdoors, hunting, and horses. He taught me to treat women with respect and that family is the most important thing on earth. He taught me the value of hard work and the importance of integrity. I have thought about him every day for the past 15 years since I lost him.

No doubt that is something to be thankful for!

I try to do most repairs myself but couldn't find a vendor in my state that would even sell me a motor. They would only sell to contractors. Was going to take even longer to get one online and then shipped so we waited for a repairman. All that said, I probably would have broken a different part trying to install it (like happens with most things I try to fix), so maybe that was a blessing in disguise!

understood - that sucks!! I try to keep old crap around for reuse, but it seems I never save the right stuff..

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plenty! Good health and my families good health. A nice home, plenty of food in the freezer and pantry, reliable vehicles and my loving wife and I both have good jobs (and secure). We're slowly closing in on full retirement and appear to be in good shape financially to do so without any drama.

And because this is a hunting forum :)

jQUxp6T.jpg

OP
R

rangerdye

FNG
I'm grateful for my family's and my health. Besides semi-frequent migraines that I get, I can't complain. No covid, no major anything, really.

I’m grateful for a good job and good employer. I am treated better than I ever thought an employer would treat an employee.

OP
R

rangerdye

FNG
Yesterday I ran my truck out of gas. I'm thankful I was only a mile from the gas station, and that it was such a nice day. Could have been bitter cold or a blizzard, but it was sunny and cool which made the walk quite nice.