Gravity Water Filter DIY for $25

wihunter1

FNG
This has been talked about before but couldn't find easy diy instructions or pictures. Here's what I ordered
Saywer Squeeze Mini $18.00
Sawyer Fast Fill Adapter $5.00
I had a Platypus 3L from last season
I think this will work well for me because I can fill my bladder whenever I come across water and I can fill my Nalgene for camp water for meals and coffee (I can actually unplug both male ends and drain water out of my bladder without taking it out of my pack if needed). You DONT need to sit and squeeze the dirty bag, it creates a vacuum and empties 16oz in about a minute. Thanks for looking.
751fc61426ed59773dd401f9539b40fb.jpg
b6798a39aefca25a5a67808bb648ee0e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is the same set up I am running, only difference is I ditched the Sawyer bag and am using a Smart water bottle, after filling the bladder you can just leave the squeeze on top to drink from giving you an extra 32 oz if you need to carry a little extra. The stiffer bottle is also easier to fill from a shallow source. You can use a second Smart water bottle to back flush your filter by pushing the filtered water back through so it doesn't clog up.

OP
wihunter1

wihunter1

FNG
Thanks for the idea, I'll be testing that out before my trip.
This is the same set up I am running, only difference is I ditched the Sawyer bag and am using a Smart water bottle, after filling the bladder you can just leave the squeeze on top to drink from giving you an extra 32 oz if you need to carry a little extra. The stiffer bottle is also easier to fill from a shallow source. You can use a second Smart water bottle to back flush your filter by pushing the filtered water back through so it doesn't clog up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CX5Ranch

WKR
Same as me. You can also screw a 2 liter bottle to it. If needed. Nice cheap light setup for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk