Gray Wolves Delisted

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure yet how I feel about this... but cue the massive infighting in the hunter and outdoors communities. Hopefully the states can be proactive with good plans and not get driven to a reactive approach.

Before joining the fray, remember that eating our own only allows the real threats to become bolder.

Ace531

FNG
This has happened before, but it usually just gets kicked right back to the courts and tied up there forever. Hopefully it sticks, but I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

Not sure yet how I feel about this... but cue the massive infighting in the hunter and outdoors communities. Hopefully the states can be proactive with good plans and not get driven to a reactive approach.

Before joining the fray, remember that eating our own only allows the real threats to become bolder.

What infighting in the hunter communities you talkin about? There’s hunters who don’t want this?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Good for some places, bad for Colorado. From a selfish hunter in Colorado I’m ok with this getting tied up so we don’t have to introduce them! Some states are already hunting the hell out of them!

Lawnboi

WKR
This is good for the Great Lakes region. Very good. Like mentioned above it’s not even just that they will be hunted. Now if you need to get rid of one for a reason, you don’t have the problems that followed before. WI has already made a release on them. Hopefully they go full on and hand out tags like candy vs how they did it a few years ago with quotas

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Washington State will do a great job of managing our state pet. It will be coddled, protected, and loved by all those in King and Pierce counties with total disregard for Eastern Washington.
We'll never get to hunt one in Washington. Your spot on

OMB

WKR
Wisconsin passed a law in 2012 mandating a hunting season if wolves are de-listed. We had 3 seasons before they went back on the list, and I think this year is supposed be a record $ amount for wolf depredation payouts on livestock and dogs so this is pretty timely. Looking forward to state management considering we've been recovery levels for 20 years.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Wisconsin passed a law in 2012 mandating a hunting season if wolves are de-listed. We had 3 seasons before they went back on the list, and I think this year is supposed be a record $ amount for wolf depredation payouts on livestock and dogs so this is pretty timely. Looking forward to state management considering we've been recovery levels for 20 years.
Why can they hunt them in Idaho but not Wisconsin?

JaredW

Lil-Rokslider
Wolf reintroduction has been the biggest ploy I've seen to end hunting as a conservation tool. Wolves = less game = less hunting opportunity/need for management = win for libs. Sad that some fell for it hook, line, and sinker.