great clothing for hunting that is not coming from a hunting brand.

I have never really enjoyed having a portion of my wardrobe dedicated to hunting or outdoor specific activities because of a camo pattern, are there any key pieces out there that people aren't really looking into? Aside from the prana pants.

mlob1one

WKR
I wear the Columbia blood and guts shirts nearly every day. Whether in the mountains, fishing, or at work.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
Duluth Trading. Dry on the fly for warm weather. have a CV older weather version as well. You can wear them out about as fast as datn tough socks. Go to are kuiu attack and guide pants though.

Eddie Bauer is one of my favorites, great in the woods and great around town. LL Bean as well, I just tend to gravitate more towards Eddie as I feel it’s just as good with a better price point.

I agree 100%. The Eddie Bauer pants are great especially when you figure you can get them on sale for less than $50.00. My wife is on every email list in the world and she got a coupon that dropped the 6 pocket guide pants to about $25/pair. I got the tan and grey in my size and they are awesome. I can’t imagine a more comfortable , functional pair of pants. Being an eastern whitetail hunter last fall I wore their solid color pants exclusively until I needed something warmer on stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patagonia r1 fleece hoodie matches up to all of the top company fleece. I’d say they probably actually copied Patagonia. Also arcteryx down and synthetic down sweaters. I have some Patagonia capilene base layers as well and like them a lot. Just a couple examples of what I have.

I like the wool-specific companies. Pendleton and Filson are probably too high end for beating around in the brush. I do have a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser I expect to outlast me.

Woolrich and Johnson Woolen Mills make some more affordable rag-wool type stuff that would be good for colder weather. The merino specific companies make mountain specific gear - Minus33, SmartWool, IceBreaker, Duckworth, WoolX.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I try to find solid colors from hunting brands. I have a black EB puffy, bright red mammut rain jacket. black, grey, tan wrangler pants.

Arcteryx atom lt will be next jacket.

prm

WKR
Patagonia silk weight base layer, Kuiu Peleton 240 in solid color, Arc’teryx Atom, Kifaru Lost Park in solid. I use all for daily wear not just hunting.