Great Falls, Montana - what to do there?

hunterjmj

WKR
There is always Home Depot. We always say we're going to check things out but we drive to GF, pick up what we need and head home. Just the way it is I guess. Never have time.

cgasner1

WKR
Playground Lounge any good?

Define good. Bunch of us went in one night while we where up there for some training and a entertainer if you will sat down on the stage and started crying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Great Falls. First I have to say the wind blows a lot and strong so always have a backup plan to do something inside. I will say that there is entertainment in watching a trampoline blow across a field like a tumbleweed

For food my favorite places have always been Howard pizza and getting a Gyro at Little Athens in the mall after visiting Scheels.

Fly fishing in every direction for the most part. The Missouri gets a little crowded at times.

I highly recommend driving to Lincoln and the surrounding areas. Also driving to Wolf Creek on the frontage road from Ulm along the Missouri is one one of the most scenic drives you can imagine
Take a spotter and go the Rocky Mountain front by Choteau near Black Leaf and see if you can get some good digiscope pics of grizzlies

Then if you want to camp. Going to Benchmark outside of Augusta or down by Kings Hill would fit the bill

Other than that checking out some of the small town breweries can be pretty fun

Enjoy your trip. Don’t forget to bring sunglasses, a winter jacket and shorts since the weather can change pretty dramatically

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Sitting in the Great Falls Airport waiting on ny flight out after being here just for about 48 hrs. I had looked at this thread before hand so wanted to loop back with my 2 cents.

Had a solid ribeye steak and potatoe dinner at Jakers Bar & Grill.
20230503_182915.jpg

Had the Pub Burger at Roadhouse Diner today for lunch. I got there right at 11am when they open and by 11:05am the place was full. I haven't had many burgers across MT, but as soon as I took my first bite, the "best burger....." thoughts came through in a hurry, so I don't doubt @MontanaPLS

20230504_111400.jpg
I pulled over several times along I-15 to glass antelope.
20230504_073432.jpg
The highlight of my time here was easily going to First Peoples Buffalo Jump state park this morning. Maybe because it was during the week, but there was no one else there besides the Ranger in the welcome center, so I had it all to myself.

20230504_101709.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting in the Great Falls Airport waiting on ny flight out after being here just for about 48 hrs. I had looked at this thread before hand so wanted to loop back with my 2 cents.

Had a solid ribeye steak and potatoe dinner at Jakers Bar & Grill.
View attachment 550379

Had the Pub Burger at Roadhouse Diner today for lunch. I got there right at 11am when they open and by 11:05am the place was full. I haven't had many burgers across MT, but as soon as I took my first bite, the "best burger....." thoughts came through in a hurry, so I don't doubt @MontanaPLS

View attachment 550380
I pulled over several times along I-15 to glass antelope.
View attachment 550381
The highlight of my time here was easily going to First Peoples Buffalo Jump state park this morning. Maybe because it was during the week, but there was no one else there besides the Ranger in the welcome center, so I had it all to myself.

View attachment 550385
Looks like you had a good trip! Jakers is decent but if you’re ever back and looking for a steak go to Beef N Bone out in Ulm. Hands down the best steak place in the area. Roadhouse is also my favorite joint, can’t go wrong with just about any of their burgers.

Nockdown

FNG
Rib N Chop just opened, haven’t tried it in GF but the one in Billings doesn’t suck
Tracy’s for breakfast
Roadhouse for a burger
Smoked BBQ is pretty good
Clark & Lewie’s
Fire Pizza
Nobles for liquor
Drive to Lincoln and have a chicken fried steak at the Montanan. Worth it.

Big_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
El Comedor - Mexican restaurant and get a fluffy taco and/or a Fat Alberto.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here until Saturday. Any recommendations on food?
Since my kids are usually along, our standards include Mighty Mo Brewery for good beer and pizza and McKenzie River Pizza.

I'm not a fan, but Borries and 3Ds in Black Eagle are popular.

Dante's was good last time I was there.

Elevation 3300 is a newer place downtown. Good food and beer selection. It's hard to find your way into the building. Gotta enter the west door, go upstairs, and open an unmarked door. Maybe they've added signs since I was there last winter.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations. We ended up going out to Borrie’s. Food was good. Wait was long. Service was slow. I’d probably go back if it was at a dinner rush time.