Great Olympics so far

McKay Bob

FNG
I am still trying to process Simone Biles’ decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
C

CoStick

WKR
I am still trying to process Simone Biles’ decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is interesting, she had previously said she only stayed involved to make sure as a victim of Nasser that it didn’t get pushed aside. Have to wonder how she will feel as time goes by. I guess she still has the individual and all around if she chooses to compete.

Mosby

WKR
Haven't watched a second of it and won't in the future. The athletes and the NBC network are simply too political for me. I won't support them by watching.

I saw a picture of an athlete from the Philippines on the medal stand. She won her countries first gold medal. She saluted her flag as they played the national anthem. That is how you represent your country at the Olympics. That is how Olympians used to represent our country.

Until our athletes do the same again, they don't represent me and mine. They can go pound sand.

Haven't watched a second of it and won't in the future. The athletes and the NBC network are simply too political for me. I won't support them by watching.

I saw a picture of an athlete from the Philippines on the medal stand. She won her countries first gold medal. She saluted her flag as they played the national anthem. That is how you represent your country at the Olympics. That is how Olympians used to represent our country.

Until our athletes do the same again, they don't represent me and mine. They can go pound sand.
Moments like that and the Tunisian guy who came from lane 8 to win gold in the 400m freestyle are what I love about the olympics, and the main reason I watch. Sure I want america to win everything, but watching Fiji demolish England in rugby to secure their first ever Olympic gold medal was my favorite moment of the 2016 olympics. That win meant more to them and their countrymen than any of us could ever understand

WKR
Biles decision is a bit shocking. I don't think I've ever seen a high level athlete withdraw like that. Maybe it's happened in the past but covered up by an "injury" narrative. It will leave a bit of a sour taste if she comes back to compete for individual titles.

The Alaskan breaststroker winning the 100m is the highlight of the games thus far for me.

WKR

The vast, vast majority of team USA are proud to represent the country.

Biles decision is a bit shocking. I don't think I've ever seen a high level athlete withdraw like that. Maybe it's happened in the past but covered up by an "injury" narrative. It will leave a bit of a sour taste if she comes back to compete for individual titles.

The Alaskan breaststroker winning the 100m is the highlight of the games thus far for me.
Some of what I’ve read (and it’s all speculative) has suggested it’s either vertigo/inner ear issues or a psychological issue like anxiety attacks. Either one could explain why they termed it a “medical issue” but still left the door open to compete in individual titles

WKR
Some of what I’ve read (and it’s all speculative) has suggested it’s either vertigo/inner ear issues or a psychological issue like anxiety attacks. Either one could explain why they termed it a “medical issue” but still left the door open to compete in individual titles
I believe that she has come out today explaining that it was mental health related. Essentially the pressure and stress of the expectations and the competition is why she withdrew.

Mosby

WKR
The vast, vast majority of team USA are proud to represent the country.
I get it and wish them nothing but the best but the ones that don't, unfortunately get the majority of the press and coverage. There are people on the left who don't want our flag to be flown, on our uniforms or our national anthem played at sporting events or the Olympics. It will become like the NFL and play the "Black National Anthem" before games....whatever the hell that is. The only thing that is going to stop that are poor tv ratings and loosing money. The less people watch, the worse the ratings, the more money they loose, the more likely they will get the message. Just my opinion.

tdhanses

WKR
Didn‘t even know it had started, guess I’m in the not watching category.