Great Olympics so far

People fail to understand that tendons and bone strength, are a much bigger factor in powerlifting than muscular mass. That is why we see individuals who have minimum muscle mass but can lift a lot more than a professional bodybuilder. Men on average are gifted with much stronger tendons and bone strength compared to women, which allows them to lift much heavier weights. Men's tendons and bone strength are also able to reach a higher peak level of development compared to women. This is completely unfair for women. I guarantee that as soon as a separate Olympics is created for transgender athletes. Many of them will drop out. Let's also not ignore the fact that all athletes use some sort of substance for an advantage, men respond better to these substances than women. This is some BS.

Agreed. Not having a representative at 65kg will hurt us in the team standings, but we have some studs in the other weight classes. I think Dake takes gold. It's a stacked weight class, but he already beat Chamizo last year and dominated Burroughs at the trials this year. I don't see anyone beating him in this tournament, and that includes Sidakov.
Taylor will have a tough tournament coming in unseeded. He's done it before though, squeaking one out against Yazdani in the first round in the world championships. If Yazdani has improved his conditioning and doesn't gas out this time, Taylor will have a tough time beating him. Taylor's pace is relentless though, so it will be hard for anyone to keep up with him.
I'm really excited to see Steveson wrestle at the senior level. It's just fun to watch a heavyweight who is so athletic. He moves like a lightweight and is going to give the rest of the field a lot of problems.
I think you are spot on with Dake, I don't see anyone taking him down.

Taylor has been locked in. That finals match against Yazdani is going to be a good one, the way Taylor is wrestling, he is locked in.

WKR
Men's super heavyweight weightlifting was truly crazy. Lasha made the rest of the field look like little boys.

For those saying the games have been too politicized and that the athletes with a negative attitude toward the flag get all the media attention I completely agree. I think a minority in this country have made all the noise lately and it is very aggravating. I also think to not watch because of these few is also in its own right wrong though.

The majority of athletes competing are proud to represent the flag and have worked the entirety of their lives to compete with this being the highlight of their career. To lump all of America’s team in with the few bad apples just seems wrong to me. Why should we turn our backs on the majority because of a few shitheads. I love watching the olympics and supporting the Americans competing and will continue to support them.

Take issue with the individual not the national team.
I usually just point out to those people how many immigrants and children of immigrants we have winning medals for team USA, and let them chew on that for a while. :D

I'm set up pretty good for watching.

I have two sets in my family room, an old Hitachi big screen & a Samsung 45" flat screen on top of it. I have two stations programed in each TV -- MSNBC/ USA & NBC/Olympics channel. I use the 'back' button on the remotes to stay with what interests me. So far, a lot of what interests me the most are the bikini clad 'loverlies' of beach volleyball & track! The least -- U.S woman's soccer team.

tv.JPG

Do yourself a favor and find the video of gold medalist wrestler, Tamyra Mensah-Stock and watch it. That's what representing our country is all about. What a fine young lady. She is so proud of herself and the USA. Pink hair could learn a lot from her if she got off her knees, na she's to into herself.. My new hero.
Cool gal. When I first saw her, tho, I wondered if she went into a hair salon and asked for the Mickey Mouse do. :cool:

I sent corporate Subway a nice e-mail telling them NEVER EVER will eat a sandwich from their company again because of the pink haired one.
I quit buying at Subway many months ago when the local stores refused to honor TV advertised sale prices or Subway coupon prices because "it's up to the individual store." So having Rapinoe as its spokesperson just adds icing to the cake, so to speak.