Great simple workout

I'll post the workout I did today

100 Deadlifts with 135 lbs in as short of time as possible.

Run 3 miles

Looks easy enough right? Give it a shot and tell me what you think! You can scale the deadlift weight back if you're taking forever with that weight. But you should shoot for finishing your deadlifts in 6 minutes or less to get the desired effect of the workout.

OP
ohhiitznik
My workout for tomorrow will be

100 Overhead Squats with 135 as fast as possible

run 3 miles

Catching the pattern? This type of workout is catered to you guys who want to drop some of the lbs you gained over the holidays and to start ramping up your strength training. Main goal of these workouts is weight loss without losing most of your strength while increasing your heart's ability to recover very quickly. These are great for when you need to run up the mountain, stop, steady yourself quickly and recover your breathing then make your shot.

OP
ohhiitznik
And the next day's will be

100 FULL CLEANS as fast as possible (this is brutal)

run 3 miles

All you need is a barbell and some shoes. Great for you guys without gym memberships or looking for a simple and effective workout to get you started

Lawnboi

WKR
Great workouts. I have done the deadlift one(cause I love deadlifting) a bunch but instead of the 3 mile run I try to put up 1000 vert ft on the incline trainer as fast as I can.

Only do this for my cardio days though

OP
ohhiitznik
Ok did it today but only 60 lbs with dumbells. i hope i can walk tommorrow.This is very effective so here i go.

Give it a shot brother you won't be disappointed. Use whatever weight you have and feel comfortable with. You can do all of those lifts with dumbells no problem!

Lost Arra

FNG
It seems that I remember a similar CF workout that was sets of 25 cleans followed by running 800 meters x 6
There may have been some burpees in there too. I lost some brain cells that day.

They sound like good workouts. My only caution is that if you haven't deadlifted before, make sure you keep the form through all 100 lifts. Straight back and eyes up to the ceiling.

There is nothing quite like running hard and fast after the rest of your limbs and torso have been pushed to exhaustion. Any kind of upper body / total body threshold workout followed by a tempo run gets a thumbs up in my book. Great workout!

Eagle

WKR
They sound like good workouts. My only caution is that if you haven't deadlifted before, make sure you keep the form through all 100 lifts. Straight back and eyes up to the ceiling.

Rather than eyes toward the ceiling, try and maintain a neutral spine (including your neck) throughout the deadlift (eye's will likely end up looking a few feet in front of you). Straining your neck to look at the ceiling is not correct deadlift technique.

Also have to add, that if you can overhead squat two 60 lb dumbells (one in each hand) you've got amazing shoulder flexibility and are likely in incredible shape.

Eagle - I hear you... I see too many people staring at the floor with back humped. I should have stated it differently.