Greens score of the rack of my buck from this week

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps Im green scoring it wrong but after watching countless scoring videos Im pretty sure Im doing it right. Here is the buck I killed yesterday just prior to going into the pot of water for a euro mount and my Indiana bow buck euro mount from October.

OBiiAS5.jpg

dmTSavq.jpg

H7oppe9.jpg

Hf5628U.jpg

fjuoaIf.jpg

The brows look like they are different lengths but are the same on the sheet, other than that its looks about right. The "technique" of measuring can add to or deplete a score, and that can be subjective for a non-professional. ie: where to anchor or where circumferences are assigned, etc. Either way, dandy buck, congrats. My take on scores-"nets are for fishin'"

EastMT

WKR
I agree, I think the subtraction for asymmetry is ridiculous, they grew that way, add the inches.

That’s a dandy of a buck, nice mass, really cool character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking buck! If you are off on your scoring, you aren't off by much - that looks about right to me!

And I agree with the others - nets are for fishing!

Btaylor

WKR
They are a bunch easier to judge before being capped out. but before I scrolled down to your score sheet I was mid 50's. Based on your sheet I was a little short on beam length and mass. I also agree with the others on nets, mine stays in the boat.

• Banned
OP
Sharp Things

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
I finished the Euro mount for the 10 pointer I got with a bow 4 days ago. Here it is next to the buck I got with a bow in October. Its been a good year.

kYMaFA4.jpg

lry3nOe.jpg

My estimate just from the pics was 158" then I saw your score sheet. Both are great deer. What did your Indiana deer score?

OP
Sharp Things

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Its been about 90 days since I killed this buck with a bow in WI so I took it to the Deer and Turkey expo over the weekend to have it scored. The bucks are then put on display for the weekend for the attendees. When I went to pick it up there was a note on the rack asking me to come to the measuring area. It turns out the buck makes not only Pope and Young records but also Boone and Crockett award and the Wisconsin Buck and Bear club wanted it entered in their book. How often does a guy kill 2 160+ bucks in a single season with a bow? Then when the weekend concluded I found out I took second at the event. Now I have Utah Archery Elk on the brain.

5PgkmTu.jpg

yknKCMz.jpg