Greetings from FNG in Michigan

bullnose

FNG
Greetings everyone from Michigan - I just bought a new Tikka T3x lite in .308 and every third search I did about upgrading Tikka stocks led me here, so I said WTH and joined the forum.

I'm mainly a Whitetail hunter in the southern lower peninsula. We're limited to shotguns and straight wall cartridge rifles (with case length restrictions) in my zone. Over the years I've deer hunted throughout the state with everything from a 12 gauge 870 to .32 Winchester Special Winchester 94 to a sporterized 6.5 Swede that I sometimes regret selling until I remember how much I hate bolt guns that cock on closing, but that's another story.

I have some friends that do a self-guided mule deer and antelope hunt in Wyoming every year and next year (2023) will be the first time I will be able to join them. I needed a rifle for that I could tinker with and upgrade that wouldn't break the bank in the process, so that's how I ended up with the Tikka.

Anyhow I'm glad to be here!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
bullnose

bullnose

FNG
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie
Thanks, and happy to be here.

Pretty much every question I've had regarding anything to do with modifying or upgrading a Tikka has already been asked and answered somewhere on this site. The best part is the responses in each thread usually include a comparison of different brands/options and where to purchase while being pretty much free of middle school mean girl/internet know-it-all attitudes. It's a breath of fresh air for sure.

The search function truly is your friend here.

Regards,
Bill

CRJR45

WKR
Welcome Bill , I'm from the Grand Blanc area , now in Flo-Ri-Duh , miss the deer hunting , but not the cold .

OP
bullnose

bullnose

FNG
Welcome Bill , I'm from the Grand Blanc area , now in Flo-Ri-Duh , miss the deer hunting , but not the cold .
Thanks - the older I get the less I care for the cold as well. Now I understand why at 55 I'm one of the old timers in deer camp. The youngsters laugh at my buddy heater and boot blankets, but somehow I'm always the first one in the woods and the last one in camp in the evening.