Greetings from the New England!

Been a seriously longtime lurker on here and never made an account because most everyone seem to be western hunters which is a lot different than hunting in New England. Any other members in the area? Im in Eastern MA myself

OP
C
Update: Apparently I'm so much of an FNG that I didn't know what FNG meant until a moderator moved my post to the right section 😅 Sorry about that! 😳

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. You Massholes are sharp as a ball! :ROFLMAO: I lived all over Greater Boston from '88 to '07. Natick, Winchester, Somerville and lastly Sudbury. I'm just giving you a hard time as a former Masshole,

OP
C
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm looking forward to sharing and learning information, ideas, and experiences on here. I can't think of the last time I was actually excited to join a forum haha. Seems most of them have become absorbed by facebook but this one seems to be going strong

RTC

FNG
I also decided to make an account after lurking for a while. I primarily bowhunt deer in CT.

Where in MA I’m in cape ann
Curious how much opportunity there is for hunting up that way? I used to spend a good amount of time in Rockport and Gloucester growing up, but that was before I really got into hunting.

I also decided to make an account after lurking for a while. I primarily bowhunt deer in CT.

Curious how much opportunity there is for hunting up that way? I used to spend a good amount of time in Rockport and Gloucester growing up, but that was before I really got into hunting.
I’ve been hunting Cape Ann my entire life there’s a ton to hunt around here. I just moved from Gloucester to Rockport so I need to find stuff here, I’ve mainly hunted Essex Ipswich Manchester and Gloucester. There is some awesome bucks around this area it’s very overlooked

OP
C

I personally believe that some of the largest deer are in suburban areas and go completely unseen their entire lives. I have found some giants around here, most of which have eluded me. And know of two deer that dressed out over 240 here in cape cod

I personally believe that some of the largest deer are in suburban areas and go completely unseen their entire lives. I have found some giants around here, most of which have eluded me. And know of two deer that dressed out over 240 here in cape cod
Same with up here, I’ve shot 4 bucks over 200 lbs in the passed 5 years, biggest bodied was 218 after hanging for 4-5 days. Biggest scoring was mid 160’s. I usually find a few bucks over 150 every season

OP
C
Same with up here, I’ve shot 4 bucks over 200 lbs in the passed 5 years, biggest bodied was 218 after hanging for 4-5 days. Biggest scoring was mid 160’s. I usually find a few bucks over 150 every season
Damn that's a big boy! I find there is usually one deer in each area around of over 200. But I find the deer really roam long distances around here

bjm417

FNG
Been a seriously longtime lurker on here and never made an account because most everyone seem to be western hunters which is a lot different than hunting in New England. Any other members in the area? Im in Eastern MA myself
I'm in Boston! Any of you guys head out of state to hunt?

RC_

FNG
I’m in CT, but visit Boston a lot. Heading to SD in October. Would like to get another one in, starting to think about planning AZ coues for late Dec/Jan. If I can’t make that happen, I might try hunting the White Mountains or Adirondacks (more for the change of scenery than expecting success haha).

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Cape, used to live in eastern MA. Wife from west Hyannisport. Now live in NW Montana. Amazing how many big deer in eastern MA. Hunted all the cape for waterfowl and fished aplenty. Welcome. MTG