Greys River WY - North or South?

snowymtnwolf

I hunt mule deer regularly in this area but will hunt elk in October and I’m torn between the North or South area of Greys River.

I’ve heard go North and I’ve been told go South in the Greys river.

I’m using llamas and I like to establish a spike camp 5+ miles from the road/trailhead. I always go back in for 7-10 days, so not afraid to put on the miles up in the high bowls and “try” to get away from any possible hunting pressure.

Any insight, tips, or advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indian Summer

Well Known Rokslider
Did you hunt mule deer way up high? If so I’m curious how much elk activity you saw up there.

As far as north or south… it doesn’t matter. I’ve hunted extreme north and all the way south up over the pass and down the other side. About halfway will put you furthest from people although there are hunters everywhere of course. Lately I’ve hunted north but my friends in the south have done as good or better and I’m thinking about making the move myself.

OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Yes I hunt up high on the top and run the ridge lines scouting and dropping down as needed. Never really saw many elk and never big bulls (although never really looking for them because I was after deer).