GRIN and GRIPS!!!

Since sheep hunting is my favorite, I'll make my first post in this thread. First my first Chugach dall sheep from the late 90's. I'm the tired looking 15 yr old on the left. :) This was a walk-in, harvest ticket hunt basically from my front door.

Sheephuntersinthefog.jpg

And a more recent one from 2010. This was a solo drop-off hunt in the Alaska Range so I'm not in the picture.

IMGP0226.jpg

Yk

R

rebecca francis

My wife's Wood River Ram from this past August and my son's West Texas Auodad from this past weekend. Little guy put in over 8 miles in 90+ degree heat.

That is great!

Dlove

FNG
He is 7 and was very excited. We let a bigger ram walk the night before because he couldn't quit shaking. I let him know everyone who loves the hunt shakes when it's time to take the safety off. On the ram he shot he had to watch three other bigger rams in the scope go up and over the ridge if they had paused for a second or two longer he would have squezed on them.

yellowknife ..............any other photo's of your backpack from the above photo 8^)

I have lots of photos of that pack. The two above were actually the first and last hunts it went on. I wore it out in between and retired it after the 2010 season. It's a K2 pack from when they briefly owned Dana Designs in the 90's.

SheephuntKRW2.jpg

In the early days, it had a shelf built into the frame that stuck out and constantly got in my way. Luckily, an incident on a moose recovery mission took care of that. I re-welded the frame and it was much improved.

IMG_1493.jpg

IMGP0251.jpg

I really liked the frame on that pack. It's just as strong and 5 oz lighter than the Barneys I use now. The harness was really complicated though, and that's what eventually gave up on me.

Yk