Grinder recommendations?

I would go with Weston, the biggest thing I would say is don't cheap out, just drop them money on a nice industrial grade grinder. You will be glad you did

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Kanooper

FNG
I’ve had the 3/4 hp one from Cabela’s for years. Very happy with it. It’ll grind up meat faster than you can load it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up the cabelas #22 throat 1hp with foot pedal a while back and it’s a beast. We have run 10 moose,1 Dahl sheep, 20 caribou, and a black bear since we have had it and it has never overheated or skipped a beat. We do all our own charcuterie and it’s great for that also. I do recommend picking up a kidney plate and stainless stuffer tubes to make filling casings easier. Or just spend a few more bucks and buy a stuffer if you will be running a lot of sausage. And if you buy the cube stake attachment you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKYZ450F

FNG
Couple of things I would add is to buy the biggest one you can afford. Figure how much grind you will have, and then think about how much time you have. The first grinder I bought was a 3/4hp LEM#12 and it was a good grinder and it processed lots of moose, caribou, bear, and deer. But last year ended up buying a #32 1.5hp LEM and wish I would have just bought it in the first place.

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
I have the cabelas 1hp carnivore and love it. I have not had any issues with it. It grinds fast and is quiet.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 45
I just bought a grinder that only comes with a 3/8" and 3/16" plates. Has anyone found that they are wanting the medium grind 1/4" plate too or are those first two enough?

Looking to start grinding meat this year and need some recommendations. Plan on processing 5-6 whitetail a year.

i am running the LEM Big Bite #5 and have been happy with it. Not the quickest grinder out there but seems to be well built. I run about 2-4 deer through it a year without issue

DBlack

FNG
You can not beat the LEM big bite grinders. I have a #12 an a#32 both work great! The #12 will work good for several deer a year and also stuffing sausage the smaller throat diameter makes it a little slow for the job of stuffing especially bologna. The number #22 is a middle of the road which will suit both jobs equally well . All tho not cheap it will last a life time with the stainless construction an all metal gears.

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
Out of the box idea as a potential cheaper way to start and see how you like grinding. If your wife has a kitchen aid mixer they sell a grinding attachment for like $40. Super easy, but you have to already have the kitchen aid mixer.