Grinding — Auger Meat

@fulldraw

FNG
What do you do with the meat at the end of your grind that is wrapped around the auger? I typically have enough meat wrapped around the auger and packed behind the blade that it’s the size of a fist—I typically give it to my dog, curious if y’all do anything different.

OP
@

@fulldraw

FNG
as a rule all mine has is fat packed in there and I just throw it in the grind'

To make sure I’m tracking—are you saying that you end all of your grinds with just fat at the end to make sure all the meat gets pushed through? I like that idea/hadn’t thought it.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Throw some slices of bread in last. Dual purpose: soaks up liquid to help clean and pushes the least bit of meat out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
@

@fulldraw

FNG
^^^this, I wasn't sure how there was any other answer.

To clarify, the stuff wrapped around the auger at the end of the grind isn’t ground... so throwing it in the tub with the rest of the grind wouldn’t work. I’ll try using ice as some others have noted to clear out the tube at the end. Thanks for the responses.

JWP58

WKR
I feed in enough already ground meat to push all the unground through. Then you have already ground meat in the auger area.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I do what JWP58 does, just grab a big handful of meat thats already been ground and throw it in the grinder to push whats left through. Anything thats "wrapped" around at the end (after adding the already ground meat) I usually throw away because its pretty much just connective tissue in my experience.

Its usually just tendons or connective tissues wrapped around the auger by the time I'm done. I toss it in the garbage.

Also I dont grind shank meat. Too many connective tissues to grind well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk