Grip and Grin Moose Pictures

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
It was my dads turn to shoot in 2010. I was caller, knife and trophy clean up man. Last hour bull, last day of the season after calling in an extra day with the air charter, truly meant to be and my pops best bull. We didnt go last year but im up again, cant wait!!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Right on!!! Just giving ya a hard time. You guys seem to pull lunkers out year in year out thats for sure.

dobby

FNG
Wa moose

moosehunt091-2.jpg

moosehunt092-1.jpg

oct71

Lil-Rokslider
moose2010003.jpg

Wyoming moose from area 4 in 2010. Lots of private ground and saw over 30 bulls. Had a great time hunting moose that fall, finally got a good shot on this one in the rifle season, hunting with my bow. I killed a moose in 2001 too. I've been lucky in the moose draw.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Gotta love how the Rowlands roll :D In style!!! Yellowknife very nice moose, I'm still not in the 60" club, closest I got was 1" short when I was 15. :( I hear ya on them running together though, I think I counted over 50 I have been in on and 20 of those were in the last 5 years alone.

Gotta love how the Rowlands roll :D In style!!! Yellowknife very nice moose, I'm still not in the 60" club, closest I got was 1" short when I was 15. :( I hear ya on them running together though, I think I counted over 50 I have been in on and 20 of those were in the last 5 years alone.

Well Luke, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't broken into the 60" club either. The guy at the top there was very close, but not quite there. They don't grow that big very often in our neck of the woods.

I have no idea how many moose I've helped recover. Less than 50 I think, but still a pretty significant number. Various life events have conspired to keep me out of moose camp on a number of years, but I'm under strict orders to fill the freezer with moose again this year. Wife says she's really tired of eating Caribou!

Yk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA....I wish you the best of luck in your moose hunts for. I missed out on moose camp last year with too many sheep hunts, but I aim to change that this year. :D If we ever make it up to FAI Becca and I will be sure to look you and your fam up, be fun to catch up.

billy molls

Super Moderator
alaska moose

Here is a 62"er from central Alaska.

By far the best part of this particular moose hunt was that my client shot these 2 wolves off of the carcass. Unfortunately he only had 2 wolf tags. I would bet that there was 10 wolves working on this bull. Another guide and hunter came up the river to our camp, and filled their 1 wolf tag in about 5 minutes of watching over the kill site.

Attachments

• moosebilly2.jpg
    moosebilly2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 237
  • wolfgray1.jpg
    wolfgray1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 208
  • wolfblack3.jpg
    wolfblack3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 207
Wyoming Resident Moose 2012

100_0208.jpg100_0228.jpg100_0223.jpg100_0204.jpg

After 13 years to draw, my resident Wyoming moose tag comes to a close. Hes not a monster but my dad was there and I earned every inch of him. 16 days in the field was hard, not so much the work but the stress of eating a tag like this. A half mile pack out on our backs, a long hunted moose shed, and a Mule deer buck the night before, I can't express how happy I am. A huge thanks goes out to all who helped out on this hunt. My dad Dale, wife Tricia, son Keegan, brother Shawn, and my good friend Karl.

Rockey

FNG
Congrats Bullsbucksnducks on a great hunt and nice moose! You put in your time that is a fact. Wish I could have been there to help out more. Couldn't be happier for ya.

Hopefully, next time you will be helping me!!

bowuntr

WKR
Here is a moose I called in for my buddy on the last day of the season. Heading back to this same spot next year. DIY Alaska 2012. Ed F

Attachments

• moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 159