GRITTY - FILM PERMITS - YOUR THOUGHTS?

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
I can't listen to Brian. Care to offer a brief synopsis?
I can give my point of view. He basically got in trouble for filming hunts without a film permit. They showed up at his house. They gave him a ticket because he was not there for 3 weeks. He was pissed because he knew the rules and basically his brand got bigger and he never got the permits. So he basically pled that he was innocent by ignorance.

Then he proceed to get made because the feds make it so hard to get a film permit and bitched about the method. Had a guy on there agree to what he was saying. Then I turned it off.

I wish at my job we could not get permits then have employees get pulled over and get pissed and just act like we didn't know.

Last edited:
OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Rules are Rules even if dumb and outdated.

don’t like the campaign to turn them over
I agree. Randy gets permits and the other people that do not hunt private. Randy seems to handle the permits just fine. I think I am more annoyed how he did not really want to own up to it and basically wanted to make excuses.

jt4

WKR
I can give my point of view. He basically got in trouble for filming hunts without a film permit. They showed up at his house. They gave him a ticket because he was not there for 3 weeks. he was pissed because he knew the rules and basically his brand got bigger and he never got the permits. So he basically pled that he was innocent by ignorance.

Then he proceed to get made because the feds make it so hard to get a film permit and bitched about the method. Had a guy on there agree to what he was saying. Then I turned it off.

I wish at my job we could not get permits then have employees get pulled over and get pissed at just act like we didn't know.

Little devils advocate here....I skimmed through a video where he mentioned it. I don’t think he acted like he didn’t know. Seems like he admits he knew the law and just said F it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will admit, his podcast i dont listen to much since snyder left but his bear films are pretty legit. I actually agree with him on somewhat, tho he is definately being a bit of a baby about it and i think he should just put that elk hunt in dispute out and not monotize it if thats an option. We probably have some outdated laws that could use some updating. Im sure these laws were aimed at more major productions when they were written that actually would negatively impact things since everyone didn't have cameras back then. Just because you make money off content doesn't necessarily mean you're negatively impacting the wilderness any more than the average joe that doesn't record it. Where do you draw the line tho? Could be a can of worms lol

def90

WKR
There was a legal ruling on commercial filming in national parks just a few days ago. The judge ruled that filming is protected under the 1st amendment and that requiring and charging for permits is unconstitutional.

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big fan of Brians films. He breaks down the issue pretty well in his podcast. I have to agree with Brian when he points out that the law is not enforced evenly across the board. They typically go after the guys who have really good content (His words, not mine). We have an entire outdoor industry and to think that a permit should be required in order to film and make money off of the permit seems a little overbearing and unamerican to me. I hope to see more of his films soon.

I am not much of a podcast guy. Don't even really know much about Brian Call. I have seen a few threads on here concerning him.
That seems to be a thing. If there are numerous threads over the years concerning your behavior- then maybe there is an issue?...

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
There was a legal ruling on commercial filming in national parks just a few days ago. The judge ruled that filming is protected under the 1st amendment and that requiring and charging for permits is unconstitutional.

It sure would be nice to apply that ruling to the 2nd Amendment and not have to pay for a permit to bear arms........

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider

It sure would be nice to apply that ruling to the 2nd Amendment and not have to pay for a permit to bear arms........

TheTone

WKR
His first post on the subject was that he knew of the permits, but said his filming wasn’t commercial. If his filming isn’t commercial then what is he doing for a job? It’s fully a component of his “business “. I’m not about to give him a listen to hear his thoughts on it

Jon Boy

WKR
Id love to hear peoples opinion that are in defense of him, how they would feel if outfitters didn't have to pay for permits to guide hunts on public land? Id even wager a bet that these YouTube douchers that aren't pulling permits are making more net income than outfitters. All the while blowing the living shit out of public land and selling out every chance they get. Calls a freaking puppet that would suck a golf ball through a garden hose for another sponsor. And guys like call, born and raised, and hushin are all exploiting public land for profit and making full time livings at it while not pulling permits. Newbergs been doing it for years so dont give me so poor me wo me bull shit. Sure wish I didn't have to have licenses and permits for my job.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk