GRITTY - FILM PERMITS - YOUR THOUGHTS?

j_volt

WKR
Go to 10:00 Orange is a Suggestion
This isn't as salacious as shooting a wolf without a tag, but it seems prudent to provide receipts for my allegation. We all make mistakes, but videoing them and putting them out for the world is another level of arrogance.

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
You can film all you want for personal use. If you intend to monetize it, that's when you need permits. Gritty is sponsored, and plugs products right and left. His is a commercial operation. Huge difference between what he does and the Rokslide videos.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I don't think there is a huge difference at all. Maybe I'm off base here, but I doubt ROKSLIDE is putting out hunting videos, and gear reviews out of the goodness of their heart. (I don't know if any of their reviews are done on "public land") It's being done to drive people to the forum/website which in turn brings in sponsorships....which under your definition would be monetizing/commercial. I wish more people would keep putting out content like Gritty and Rokslide. I think the rule is being applied too broad and think that it should be more specific depending on the size of production. There is zero reason that the same rule/prices should apply to a single man operation as a Hollywood production.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don't think there is a huge difference at all. Maybe I'm off base here, but I doubt ROKSLIDE is putting out hunting videos, and gear reviews out of the goodness of their heart. (I don't know if any of their reviews are done on "public land") It's being done to drive people to the forum/website which in turn brings in sponsorships....which under your definition would be monetizing/commercial. I wish more people would keep putting out content like Gritty and Rokslide. I think the rule is being applied too broad and think that it should be more specific depending on the size of production. There is zero reason that the same rule/prices should apply to a single man operation as a Hollywood production.
How many of the Rokslide HUNTING videos have you seen where they have pop up boxes plugging sponsors products? Not a single one of them. They just show people hunting and having a good time, not constantly plugging Sissy Stix or Alpacka rafts, or DCF Cimmarons, or SG gear. How much does Rokslide charge you to use the forum? Nothing. Sponsors have banners on here and contribute to the discussion, but you haven't seen a Rokslide video telling you you need such and such gear to be successful. Heck, if you watch Ryan's videos you get FREE F bombs

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
How many of the Rokslide HUNTING videos have you seen where they have pop up boxes plugging sponsors products? Not a single one of them. They just show people hunting and having a good time, not constantly plugging Sissy Stix or Alpacka rafts, or DCF Cimmarons, or SG gear. How much does Rokslide charge you to use the forum? Nothing. Sponsors have banners on here and contribute to the discussion, but you haven't seen a Rokslide video telling you you need such and such gear to be successful. Heck, if you watch Ryan's videos you get FREE F bombs

LMAO. I'm a big fan of the free F bombs. lol. I'm not saying they go about making money the same way. Brian absolutely plugs for his sponsors, BUT to think that Rokslide isn't making money by putting out those videos and content would be a stretch in my opinion. Yes it's a free public/privately owned forum, but they are making money somewhere I assume. On the other hand, Brian isn't charging anyone to watch his videos. They make money by promoting western public land hunting. All I'm trying to figure out is "Where is the line in the sand of making money on public land" I'm not a lawyer, so i can't answer that. I'm thinking most people don't like how Brian goes about making his money by sponsor pimping vs Rokslide already being sponsored and therefore don't need to sponsor pimp during videos because their money is already made through the forum. I think the law can be applied to both cases if someone really wanted to be a go getter in the courts. I hope it never comes to that, and hope the content keeps rolling.

Holy smokes. Sure is a lot of hate for Brian on here. I guess some folks dont have much better to do. Personally I have asked him questions on youtube and he gives honest and specific answers. Really seems like a good dude. But if he has an opinion that you dont like on one thing he must be terrible right?
None of the rest of us have controversial opinions.

slick

WKR
But if he has an opinion that you dont like on one thing he must be terrible right?
None of the rest of us have controversial opinions.

If he broke the law, opinion doesn’t matter.

Also, the guy is putting himself out there for his opinions to be glorified or slammed. It comes with the territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
If he broke the law, opinion doesn’t matter.

Also, the guy is putting himself out there for his opinions to be glorified or slammed. It comes with the territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was he charged with? What sentence was he given? What fine was he required to pay? The guy isn't some law breaking, poaching, land destroying scumbag.

ewade07

WKR
What orange vest?
i get it, he had a jacket over it when he was sneaking on the deer. im not saying what he did was right, should have had the orange vest clearly visible especially since he makes videos and that just makes him look bad, but when he shot the deer he had the legal amount of orange shown. again, not making an excuse for him.

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
i get it, he had a jacket over it when he was sneaking on the deer. im not saying what he did was right, should have had the orange vest clearly visible especially since he makes videos and that just makes him look bad, but when he shot the deer he had the legal amount of orange shown. again, not making an excuse for him.
The fact that he makes videos does not mean that he should have worn the vest where its clearly visible. How about the fact that he is hunting and the law states that it must clearly be visible.

ewade07

WKR
The fact that he makes videos does not mean that he should have worn the vest where its clearly visible. How about the fact that he is hunting and the law states that it must clearly be visible.
i agree with you. i live and hunt in MT. i carry a second orange vest for just this reason.

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
i agree with you. i live and hunt in MT. i carry a second orange vest for just this reason.
Sorry I came off as arguing with you. If just pisses me of how arrogant he is and breaks the law like its nothing. I get it people make mistakes. I guessing he would just argue and say how the orange rule is an old law and needs to be fix now. Kinda his MO.