GRITTY - FILM PERMITS - YOUR THOUGHTS?

rclouse79

WKR
Let's set up an over under wager on how many posts this thread will accumulate before people get tired of beating a dead horse or a moderator shuts it down. I will set the number at 310 posts. People seem to have a lot of stamina when it comes to restating the same thing over and over.

ewade07

WKR
Let's set up an over under wager on how many posts this thread will accumulate before people get tired of beating a dead horse or a moderator shuts it down. I will set the number at 310 posts. People seem to have a lot of stamina when it comes to restating the same thing over and over.
so are you over or under?

ewade07

WKR
That is hard for me since I set the number. I will have to think on it some more. If I continue to interject off topic replies I will probably pick the over.
hey now, lets keep this clean. i think someones gonna spout of something that will get it shut down so i will take the under

rclouse79

WKR
hey now, lets keep this clean. i think someones gonna spout of something that will get it shut down so i will take the under
Probably not a bad bet. I am surprised people have stayed semi-civil for this long. Thanks for giving me another opportunity to post. I am taking the over.

j_volt

WKR
ALWAYS HAMMER THE OVER!!!!!

S.Clancy

WKR
My opinion, not that it's worth anything. I stopped watching/listening to the guy because he talks about the ownership mentality but is real quick to start pointing fingers.
It's well known, especially in the circles he runs in, that commercial ($$$ making) activity on those lands required a permit. If he said "F it, I'm not paying we'll see if they catch me," (which seems the case) he should own it. He didn't

FYI, I'm taking the under.

rclouse79

WKR
So far it is two for the over and two for the under. I will adjust odds daily in a separate thread.

Jbogg

FNG
I know I’m late to the party, but it seems like there has to be a lot of misinformation in this thread. If Brian did in fact contact the forest service for clarification and received confirmation in writing via email that he did not need a permit then good on him for not having to pay the man. If the charges were in fact dropped based on the email confirmation then I don’t understand why so many have a problem with this. I really enjoy their videos and do not understand the hate.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
I have never watched the show and have no opinion on the parties involved but if you read the guidelines on the forest service website about commercial filming, i can see an argument where some of the Hunting shows don't technically fall under the commercial guideline. One of the parameters is if you have actors or props and specifies that "scenery filming" is allowed without a permit. A lot of the hunting shows do not have "actors" and definitely no props are involved. It does not specify a commercial permit is required if you are going to make money from the filming .

rclouse79

WKR
Has anyone else noticed the gritty bear videos are gone? I have already disclosed my guilty pleasure of watching them before bear season, so I don’t mind pointing it out. Anything related to this post?

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
Rules are in place for a reason. Just because someone dose not like them shouldn't mean they can ignore them. I dont really like the 4 way stop on my street at 4am when I am off to go fishing but I still obey the rules and stop and look before proceeding.

rclouse79

WKR
Rules are in place for a reason. Just because someone dose not like them shouldn't mean they can ignore them. I dont really like the 4 way stop on my street at 4am when I am off to go fishing but I still obey the rules and stop and look before proceeding.
I wasn’t attempting to reopen a can of worms that has been discussed at nauseam. I simply wonder if the permit issue was the cause of the videos no longer being available. Good on you for stopping. I just got a ticket for running the most ridiculously placed four way stop in existence. I guess you can lump me in the bad guy club with Brian.

They're in place because sociopaths think they're a good idea, and sheep obey them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk