Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

I dont really listen to Gritty much anymore but gave this one a listen. It was pretty incredible. Ive used both packs and they are both outstanding. Gritty, aside from saying Kifaru packs were "well built and would last a long time", swerved waaaay out of his lane to bash Kifaru. He said over and over that SG and Kifaru were not even close to being in the same ballpark. He talked about how Kifaru was so uncomfortable and painful that they were not even wearable. He said he couldnt put a Kifaru pack on without it causing severe pain, coming off his hips, riding down his back an pulling his pants down. He said his SG thrived when between 120-150lbs and packing out 12-15 miles.

Not sure what the point of the podcast really was other than to trash Kifaru. Certainly doesnt help his image anymore.

Anyone else listen to this and have the same response?

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
He is deleting a good amount of comments on youtube for the video as well. Someone brought up a comment about him/mountain ops asking for monetary compensation from kifaru in an email and that caused them to part ways. Don't know if it's true, but it's deleted now.

With Aaron and Brian’s history, I struggle to understand why Brian even did this comparison. Nothing good was going to come of it, for either company. This is unneeded negative publicity for both companies. Brian is bringing his own brand/name down with this kind of content.

zacattack

WKR
I dont really listen to Gritty much anymore but gave this one a listen. It was pretty incredible. Ive used both packs and they are both outstanding. Gritty, aside from saying Kifaru packs were "well built and would last a long time", swerved waaaay out of his lane to bash Kifaru. He said over and over that SG and Kifaru were not even close to being in the same ballpark. He talked about how Kifaru was so uncomfortable and painful that they were not even wearable. He said he couldnt put a Kifaru pack on without it causing severe pain, coming off his hips, riding down his back an pulling his pants down. He said his SG thrived when between 120-150lbs and packing out 12-15 miles.

Not sure what the point of the podcast really was other than to trash Kifaru. Certainly doesnt help his image anymore.

Anyone else listen to this and have the same response?

yeah he pretty much just shit on Kifaru for over an hour. Was not really that informative at all. He even bashed their website.

street

WKR
I watched some of it. Then I realized it was just super weird. I was curious if it was going to be informative. It wasn't.

Maybe that just really is his opinion? I mean I was really confused when him and Snyder parted ways. I’m finally glad to hear something on that. I loved the podcasts when it was both of them. Aron took Brian under his wing and turned him into an adept it seemed. Their podcasts together all almost 300 of them kept me sane on guard duty for a long time.

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
I forgot how he bashed the kifaru website, and then his buddy went to the stone glacier site only to have it be the exact same. I can’t figure out why gritty does this. Dude cannot get out of his own way.
This was kind of the last straw for me listening to his content. When they tried twisting the prices on stone glaciers website making it seem like you could get a full system from them for under 400 when it was clearly only a bag. Then acting as if you can't get a kifaru setup for less than 800. Just sleezy in general.