Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

Given the integrity of Kifaru and Stone Glacier I would not be surprised if Aaron pretty much stays on the high road and SG at least threatens to pull their support of Gritty. Bashing your competitor rather than promoting your positives is not a good business plan and shouldn’t last long.

Having not seen any Gritty content in quite a while I was impressed with the constant and in your face pop up ads/links in the recent videos.

WJS23

WKR
I listened to the pod cast yesterday and the only thing I can’t figure out is why the hell he decided to make the pod cast in the first place . I also started laughing when he started talking about how the average man only hunts about 2 weeks a season and he hunts more in a year than most people do in 10 seasons.

3forks

WKR
I think I remember Aron saying on a podcast that he and Kurt from Stone Glacier are on good terms and he’s got no issues with their product, or something to that effect. I’m hoping that stays the case as both Kifaru and SG make great products and there’s room for both in the market. Also, Kurt and Aron are both similar in that they both have genuine skills and are accomplished in the industry.

I‘m also hoping that Stone Glacier isn’t somehow associating themselves with Gritty either through a paid sponsorship or providing product. I never listened to a Gritty podcast after Aron split because I always thought Aron was the only reason to listen to them, and Brian didn’t add any value. Mostly, I wondered if Aron associated with Brian and coached him along so that podcast listeners got some perspective on how a new hunter or backpacker can improve their skills because Brian didn’t bring much to those podcasts with his limited skills.

I didn’t know Brian and Aron had a falling out. I’m sorry to hear about that, but it I guess it kind of validates my opinion on Brian in light of the podcast he did on SG vs Kifaru. I thought those MTN OPS guys were pretty much chodes from the start, figures they and Brian would be so connected now.

JMDavies

WKR
Given the integrity of Kifaru and Stone Glacier I would not be surprised if Aaron pretty much stays on the high road and SG at least threatens to pull their support of Gritty. Bashing your competitor rather than promoting your positives is not a good business plan and shouldn’t last long.

Having not seen any Gritty content in quite a while I was impressed with the constant and in your face pop up ads/links in the recent videos.
You are absolutely right. I can't believe SG likes the idea of bashing another direct competitor.

You are absolutely right. I can't believe SG likes the idea of bashing another direct competitor.
Especially since both SG and Kifaru are outstanding companies with great products. I think I even remember listening to Aron suggest SG if Kifaru doesn’t have what a person wants.

This whole thing is kinda of funny because I have never really valued Brian’s opinion or given him much validity, even when he was with Aron. I related to him at first because he was improving on his hunting/woodsmanship skills also.

Last edited:
The gritty beardsman sure had a lot of good to say about kifaru a couple years ago... when they were on the same team.

His product pimpery is on par with watching a fat guy in a tree stand on the outdoor channel.

I genuinely enjoyed the podcast when he and Aron were co-hosting. Tried a couple since then... No thanks.

MtnOps was the beginning of the end for me.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Just unsubscribe from all of Gritty's feeds: Instagram, Youtube, Facebook. I've gone as far as politely sending brands a note saying that I don't appreciate any brand that promotes him, and I've unfollowed others where he shows up, and I've told other people my reasoning as well. I've even tuned out and snoozed people I like for a while when he shows up with them (e.g. Lampers, Randy).

From Stone Glacier's perspective: I really want to try some of their gear sometime, but I honestly don't see myself doing so as long as someone like Gritty is promoting them. It's a big turn-off for me when you have a douche like Brian involved. I can't see how they view him as a good thing. (Edit - there's now a later post, in this thread, Kurt from Stone Glacier chimed in and said Brian is not associated with or compensated by S.G. in any way. I'm happy to hear that - I "found" Kifaru first and have gotten a lot of help from Aron, but am planning on trying out some Stone Glacier gear at some point)

And my biggest reasoning isn't that he and Aron don't like each other anymore, I like lots of different gear, it's that he's turned into EVERYTHING he said he wouldn't when he first started Gritty Bowmen. Basically a shill.

Last edited:
Just unsubscribe from all of Gritty's feeds: Instagram, Youtube, Facebook. I've gone as far as politely sending brands a note saying that I don't appreciate any brand that promotes him, and I've unfollowed others where he shows up, and I've told other people my reasoning as well. I've even tuned out and snoozed people I like for a while.

From Stone Glacier's perspective: I really want to try some of their gear sometime, but I honestly don't see myself doing so as long as someone like Gritty is promoting them. It's a big turn-off for me when you have a douche like Brian involved. I can't see how they view him as a good thing.

And my biggest reasoning isn't that he and Aron don't like each other anymore, I like lots of different gear, it's that he's turned into EVERYTHING he said he wouldn't when he first started Gritty Bowmen. Basically a shill.

Exactly how I feel about the whole deal tried to listen to a few podcasts and couldn’t even really get past 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone fill me in on why this gritty guy is even relevant? I’m being serious. I’m not on social media but I do keep up with the guys that are contributors to the sport and I only ever hear his name when discussing podcast and social media.

Social media runs the world? Lol I honestly think that’s all it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
Do they like the idea or was Brian's opinion just that....an opinion?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It was in no way an unbiased opinion. It was done poorly with manipulated vocabulary to paint kifaru badly the whole time. I could easily see how a company would not want to associate with someone who does "reviews" in that way. For people who have ran both companies products the whole episode stinks of dishonesty and biased opinions.