Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Given the integrity of Kifaru and Stone Glacier I would not be surprised if Aaron pretty much stays on the high road and SG at least threatens to pull their support of Gritty. Bashing your competitor rather than promoting your positives is not a good business plan and shouldn’t last long.

Having not seen any Gritty content in quite a while I was impressed with the constant and in your face pop up ads/links in the recent videos.

I’m doing my best, but he’s making it challenging. Hopefully everyone gets outdoors soon and calms down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
100%. Making fun of a guys weight because he dosent like the same backpacks as you....another example of the terrible people who call themselves kifaru fans.

If you are going to have a conversation about packs bring in people who use them. His brother doesnt backpack and is rather portly. What is wrong with the facts? I'm not accepting an opinion from him and thats who Brian chose for this podcast. Brian also changed his position after years of using them and loving them to saying they cause him pain. Sorry but he is a shill.

tdhanses

WKR
In the end all he is is a tool making a living out of people following his opinion. He was so green when Aron helped him and now he thinks he has all the experience in the world.

Personally I take anything he says with a grain of salt. 5 years from now he won’t even be around. Good on him for making the most of his 15 mins, only way he survives long term is newbies that don’t know much thinking hes knowledgeable.

I’m not jealous and not a hater just saying it as I see it. But I’m sure I’m a DB forum guy since I said it 😂

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you are going to have a conversation about packs bring in people who use them. His brother doesnt backpack and is rather portly. What is wrong with the facts? I'm not accepting an opinion from him and thats who Brian chose for this podcast. Brian also changed his position after years of using them and loving them to saying they cause him pain. Sorry but he is a shill.

see you could have said something more like that and earned a bit of credibility for yourself. It reminds me of all those jerk offs on Facebook who just say “Trump is an idiot and he’s orange” rather than inserting their opinion on specific matters.

I have to say, while I’ve enjoyed the Gritty podcasts, the more recent ones seem to be sort of the same thing over and over. Pushing products and play by plays of hunts rather than interviewing instersting people, learning something new, and the humor that was a part of some of the older ones.

I don’t own either a Kifaru or Stone Glacier pack, but my view is they are both of premium quality with great customer service. A guy would tend towards Kifaru if they wanted more options or valued durability the most, and would go with Stone Glacier if they wanted something lighter weight and simpler/more streamlined.

The biggest issue with packs is the same as boots, it all comes down to fit. 10/10 people can say a certain pack is the best they’ve ever used, but if it doesn’t fit you, it’s not going to work well.

I don’t understand bashing something you’ve used for years happily, unless it had some type of totally unacceptable failure and they told you to pound sand.

What do I know though, I run a KUIU so everybody hates it, and I weigh 165 lbs so I’m not carrying a 150 lb pack down a scree covered side hill. :)

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone, I appreciate all the kind words about Kifaru as well as myself. I have zero issues with Stone glacier and consider those guys friends. I often send people there way if our packs don’t fit them.

As far as the comments about the Kifaru fans; we do have a very loyal following and I can understand how some people might get irritated at that when they come to our defense. Having said that, I appreciate the defense of Kifaru by anyone especially in this particular case.

As far as the podcast/review, I think peoples biggest issue with what Brian stated is it contradicts everything he has said for the last four years. I really don’t care what pack, Supplement, bow or anything else he uses.....I just want him to stop talking about me LOL

I think I’m going to get on the Avery adventures podcast tomorrow and discuss some of this with Ryan and Tanya.

I wish everyone the best through this crazy time and hope things get back to normal soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Call: Gritty
1 hour ago (edited)
@Dean Shear -- I appreciate the comment. We all know that KIFARU sold heaps of product on the Gritty Bowmen Podcast. Aron was a frequent guest on my podcast. During that time, I was not paid by KIFARU. In fact, the exact opposite is true, the last year we worked together, I paid Aron Snyder $24,000. KIFARU grew substantially during the GB years--and Aron profited nicely off the situation, receiving substantial increases in salary, bonuses and even a new truck paid for by KIFARU. In return, I received a couple of backpacks, and partial payments on a few hunts in 2017. For example, on our moose hunt, I paid $7,000 and Kifaru pitched-in a few thousand beyond that. In the meantime, KIFARU was paying individuals like Donnie Vincent $40,000 to wear KIFARU packs. That's how the finances worked out between KIFARU and GRITTY. When I stopped working with KIFARU, Aron came back after a couple of months and requested a renewed partnership. I told him I would partner with KIFARU for $25k per year. Aron didn't think it was worth it. We did not renew the partnership. Additionally, I still used KIFARU gear for more than a year after Aron turned down offer. All of my content throughout 2018 featured KIFARU. So it's simply a lie for Aron to say that I started trashing KIFARU because they turned down my offer. Fact is, I can use whatever pack I want. KIFARU has no ownership over me--KIFARU cannot dictate what I say. Aron is a bully and I hate bullies--can't stand them. I'll keep voicing my opinion, and Aron will keep attacking my character--I'm cool with that. Outside the the Snyder Fan-boy club, there's an entire world of people who see right through their bullshit. You'd be hard pressed to find a person with more internet friends and fewer real friends than Aron Snyder--there's reason for that. Takes grit to put up with the shit Aron dishes out; I'll be just fine, I've got that in spades.
Show less

Aron is an ex Army dude, plain and simple, gets my vote

I know plenty of ‘portly’ As you put it, hardcore dudes. That could easily output effort much more than most. That’s just absurd.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I know plenty of ‘portly’ As you put it, hardcore dudes. That could easily output effort much more than most. That’s just absurd.

Yup, one of the guys I’ve hunted sheep with is like 280lbs, ex football player. He looks like a power lifter but can hike tough in the hills.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It was joke.

But he is orange.

my only point is that when all you can do is throw around insults rather than explaining your side of an argument or your opinion on a matter it says more about you than the one on the receiving end of your insults.

I posted Brian's response on the Kifaru Insiders and got this in response from Aron :

Aron Snyder Rick Going he’s about 50/50 truth on that 😁

This was my response:

Rick Going Aron Snyder I have no idea about the business side of it. Where I feel he is a hypocrite is about the comments regarding the belt sliding so bad that it pulled his pants down and caused severe pain and that it didn't carry weight well. So he was either lying in the past about how well the pack worked or now in how poorly it worked. As I said above I have no skin in the game because I have never used either brands pack. You actually guided me to my MR pack because of my budget while still getting a well made pack. So I have a lot of respect for you. I found the Gritty Bowmen podcast based upon what I had read in various forums when I decided to go on my first elk hunt two years ago. It quickly became clear even though he had hunted since his teenage years he had little real experience and you were the expert. You started off as a great team with him being the student and you the mentor and as time went by Brian got full of himself. And the less you were on the less I listened only to find out there was a falling out. IMO you were better together but I now understand why you distanced yourself. I do have a question though Brian used to have his Scottish friend Mark on and he had a heart attack and suddenly never heard about him again. Is he ok? I hope so.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
There were a couple questions about Stone Glacier in this thread that I would be happy to answer.

I have not listed to the podcast mentioned nor do I have any more information on the podcast other than what is posted on this thread. Stone Glacier does not have any paid affiliation or endorsement of Brian Call. I have never met or talked to Brian, so I have no further insight.

Much like Aron stated in a previous post, myself and all the other employees of Stone Glacier have had a very positive relationship with Kifaru both on a personal level and a business level. We have great respect for their company and products, both companies have proven there is ample room in this industry for multiple brands while remaining friends.

Our best to everyone and their family, stay safe and healthy.

Kurt

Marble

WKR
I stopped listening to/following Gritty a long time ago. His content seems to be what he thinks people want to see, instead of who he truly is. He comes off as a chameleon and not genuine.

a little different perspective...

I did listen to the podcast today out of curiosity while driving around between social distancing places in the woods and he was obviously heavily bias, especially when he started talking pricing, that part was funny...

anyhow, from that podcast, if I was looking for feedback on the 2 packs, knowing actual fit and comfort is a personal thing, he sold me on kifaru… why I didn't even consider SG is outlined well by Gritty, Kifaru packs are way tougher... he said he had holes in his SG, and the stays are about to come through (having heard that before, I would say that's a design flaw) if you actually look at the 2 packs they were comparing, they aren't far from each other in weight or price.... to the point you can say it's the same.

i'm getting a new pack soon (now not as soon as I thought with this virus around) but i'm getting a kifaru for the reasons Gritty pointed out.

I had an EXO and really liked it, but it was showing wear after a season, and it wasn't gonna hold up for a long time with me... super comfy pack, did well loaded with meat, and was just an overall really nice pack, it just wasn't tough enough... it was tougher than my kuiu was, but not Mystery ranch or kifaru tough.

I have a MR and love it, was gonna get another, but I think a Kifaru will suit me well, and 100% made in USA that's the route i'm going..... never owned one (packed one bull out with one) and I like trying stuff and forming my own opinions.

I was looking into SG a couple months ago, and the consensus is, nice packs, but not really tough, and I just know how that will go with me.

a lot of people do seem to be getting a little worked up over a podcast though, it certainly had a "poking the bear" aspect, but it doesn't really involve me. Aron is a big boy, and though likely annoying, it doesn't effect him..... him and Kifaru are doing crazy good and going up all the time... not sure about Brian, but i'm sure he'll be fine too, i'm sure he still has a niche, he's more of the hipster, flat brim Mt Ops guy, but there are a lot of them too, so he'll keep his following.

No longer a fan of the “Bowman” either. I tried listening to an older Stone Glacier podcast of his a year or so ago and didn’t make it past the ads.

I own both an SG pack and Kifaru packs. Both are top notch but can be used to fill different applications.

I just got this bag back from @pods8 and put it on the frame for the first time today. It is a Stone Glacier Kiowa 3200 with a custom sleeve to put the bag on my Kifaru Duplex Lite frame. When not on the frame, I have a Kifaru Omni belt that goes in and both work perfectly with the bag.

It is the perfect light travel/day pack for me and can also be put on the frame for heavier loads. It’s even better with a Sherman pocket on the front.
7019C7AB-3FF0-4D70-9F14-039005F6CEA7.jpegD519100B-2335-45A4-8FBF-A2BCB62D6EC4.jpeg22677FFE-22D5-4FC0-A75E-9ADF74B48DA9.jpeg
696D8A45-DFC0-45BF-BF14-654A2D19AD4E.jpeg

Last edited: