Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

MJ2000

WKR
No longer a fan of the “Bowman” either. I tried listening to an older Stone Glacier podcast of his a year or so ago and didn’t make it past the ads.

I own both an SG pack and Kifaru packs. Both are top notch but can be used to fill different applications.

I just got this bag back from @pods8 and put it on the frame for the first time today. It is a Stone Glacier Kiowa 3200 with a custom sleeve to put the bag on my Kifaru Duplex frame. When not on the frame, I have a Kifaru Omni belt that goes in and both work perfectly with the bag.

It is the perfect light travel/day pack for me and can also be put on the frame for heavier loads. It’s even better with a Sherman pocket on the front.
View attachment 165875View attachment 165876View attachment 165877
View attachment 165878
That is so awesome!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I went on a drive earlier and listened to the podcast, I’d never listened to the gritty podcast before but I’ve listened to kifaru cast a good bit.

even my wife was laughing at the podcast. That guy is a clown lol.

I have a stone glacier and a kifaru pack and I’m getting another kifaru soon, they are both awesome but just fill different roles as has been pointed out. I like both my packs and I’ve packed meat out with both of them. I go back and forth with them but right now a kifaru light frame is in my future since I recently picked up an argali bag, thinking I should be able to put together a ~5lb kifaru pack with that. Then I’ll have the best of both worlds....a light pack that has that kifaru waist belt.

tdot

WKR
@Aron Snyder & @Kurt. Thank you for your level headed & reasonable responses. The hunting community is small, we have enough crap to deal with from outside our community (anti hunters, environmentalists, etc) that we dont need to be fighting among each other. I hope more Hunters/ Outdoorsman will follow your lead. Not the example of whatever that was from Brian Call.

I've supported both your companies and will continue to do so. Gritty, not so much.

Shraggs

WKR
As many here have, I’ve talked to Aron a few times even on Sunday’s with product assistance. First rate person, direct, candid and action.

At 57 not real up on social media. Nor will I. Have my Rokslide, google and texting for the most part. Podcast what...

This forum clued me into Aron as a guest on GB on some topics I was very interested in. I watched a few due to Aron. Like has been said Brain, whom I don’t know, has the presence of inexperience and his strength on those episodes was facilitating Aron's comments. If a person with Aron’s experience is talking I’ll listen. Without him or similar experienced guest talking bout legitimate topics for me to learn - i see zero value in his podcasts, or him as someone I could learn from. I resent infomercial camouflage...

That’s before we get to this situation. These two pack makers may have paid voices and fans, but their products stand the test if sustained use by many many non famous folks.

if I owned a podcast company and wanted viewers seems $ sponsors would be subordinate to having great guests that draw viewers and then getting paid for that and advertising commercials. Seems an emotional ploy instead of solid business decision.

I like watching Kifaru’s or SG websites and what I’d like to have page by page over a podcast. Lmao.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Wow what a thread about some clowns comments! the world is in a crazy place right now and everyone is a little jacked up.

With Aron and Kurt's comments we should take it as what it is, some social media clown looking for attention

Well he got everyone's attention, so we played right into his game.

I run both Kifaru and SG packs and gear, not because some clown says they are good but because they are good. I also run sitka and kuiu and mathews and hoyts and browning and swaro and leupold, please don't tell my wife what that all costs.

Stay safe everyone and get outside and enjoy the outdoors when this Virus is gone.

Last edited:

RCB

WKR
Some guy says he prefers one backpack over another and people get up in arms. I didn’t hear the podcast as him “shitting” on Kifaru. Just that he preferred Stone Glacier. Dude’s got a right to be honest about his experiences.

prm

WKR
I used to listen to all the GB podcasts when Aron and Brian did them together, and enjoyed them for the most part. There was plenty of useful nuggets in those podcasts and they were entertaining. After they went their separate ways I found I listened much less. Being bored the other day, like so many others I’m sure, I watched YouTube version of this podcast and one other prior to this. First ones in a year or more. It really came across as a hit piece. Had an angry or bitter vibe to it. Weird. I think he let his emotions get the best of him and he made a poor decision to do this podcast. Though I had pretty much stopped listening, I for one don’t see myself going back at all.

Bro come o

Come on man, ShedCrazy is about as humble as it gets, and Born and Raised is always throwing positivity always. Those 2 I’m a huge fan of.

I think they are all great guys. The issue is they have all become brand ambassadors. ALL of them. I don't care for that in a hunting vid. It's too commercial and robs the viewers of a true hunt, and we have to sift thru the garbage. Eventually the scales will tip to more garbage than real content. Again I think Ben and the Bro guys are some of the good guys, but there is no argument you will make to convince me they too haven't seen the need, value and importance to build their brand in a world of brand marketing.

Some guy says he prefers one backpack over another and people get up in arms. I didn’t hear the podcast as him “shitting” on Kifaru. Just that he preferred Stone Glacier. Dude’s got a right to be honest about his experiences.

You're missing the point entirely. Listen to the podcast. He CLEARLY slams kifaru packs, website, etc.
If you can't see what he's doing then listen to it a second time and report back.

RCB

WKR
You're missing the point entirely. Listen to the podcast. He CLEARLY slams kifaru packs, website, etc.
If you can't see what he's doing then listen to it a second time and report back.
I did listen to it. Yesterday. I know exactly what the dude said.

I presumed Brian was being honest, and did not have any ulterior motives. If that is the case, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. He expressed his preferences.

As far as I can tell, it seems that brand loyalists perceive this podcast as malicious because they attach their damn ego to a brand name. Some guy here said he went so far as write emails to all the companies Brian supports. Gimme a damn break...

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
Ya'll are wild in here.

If Brian wants to be big mad at Kifaru, so what? If he genuinely likes SG over Kifaru then that is his business, great.

Aron/Kifaru and SG aren't going to entertain the nonsense. Just look at their posts.

Everyone is sensitive over backpacks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A few years ago, I went on the Kifaru site...and was like, WTH
I thought the site was terrible, difficult to navigate.

I’m a jerk, I guess.

A few years ago it was the funny thing is the brother slammed Kifaru's site and I went to both to look and the SG site is laid out almost the same. For the record not a fanboy I haven't tried either brand.

I presumed Brian was being honest, and did not have any ulterior motives. If that is the case, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. He expressed his preferences.

As far as I can tell, it seems that brand loyalists perceive this podcast as malicious because they attach their damn ego to a brand name. Some guy here said he went so far as write emails to all the companies Brian supports. Gimme a damn break...

Think about this. He is slamming kifaru or most can read between the lines of what he's doing. In the podcast he's supporting SG. With him cheering on SG the whole podcast people could perceive this as he's affiliated with them. In return, a storm starts and people talk badly about SG. The owner of SG is wondering where the hell the hate is coming from and starts to investigate that it came from gritty. It's a domino effect. If people don't like Brian and what he stands for then they wont support what he supports. Lastly, Kifaru has an extremely loyal fan base and if you upset them then you're due for some blowback.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I would normally agree with you, but I think the issue people are having is that he promoted kifaru and it’s comfort for several years and has stated many times the belt was the most comfortable thing he’s ever worn and it never slipped. So it’s not that he is choosing one or the other but the fact he’s contradicting several things he said in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCB

WKR
Lastly, Kifaru has an extremely loyal fan base and if you upset them then you're due for some blowback.
Any Kifaru fan (or fan of any other company!) who thinks that "leaving a bad review" is worthy of blowback should grow the hell up. Sometimes adults disagree.

WCB

WKR
Can someone fill me in on why this gritty guy is even relevant? I’m being serious. I’m not on social media but I do keep up with the guys that are contributors to the sport and I only ever hear his name when discussing podcast and social media.

I think he is kinda hanging on because the podcast hit at the right time and his co-host Aaron was there.

besides that, I'd like someone to explain why 99% of "outdoor personalities" bloggers, podcasters, etc or relevant.

RCB

WKR
I would normally agree with you, but I think the issue people are having is that he promoted kifaru and it’s comfort for several years and has stated many times the belt was the most comfortable thing he’s ever worn and it never slipped. So it’s not that he is choosing one or the other but the fact he’s contradicting several things he said in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aron - I wasn't aware of that history. I see how that would come off as disingenuous.