Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
Things just got real crazy with this whole thing! I didn't know there was so much drama with Brian. I'm not familiar with Snyder either. But just judging by the deleted video on SG and Kif, and now Aron on the GB podcast I can see that there is something really strange going on.. Looks like he might be trying to hide the video with Aron by double posting. He hasn't posted more than 3 times in a week in forever. then he posts 2 podcasts in 3 hours. Kinda weird

Last edited:

HookUp

WKR
Brian keeps bringing Aron into the fold. In the past he has asked Aron to come on his podcast to which Aron isn't interested. Finally Brian tosses up a inflammatory youtube podcast and gets his attention. Brian needs to stay in the Ivory mtn Mtn Opts tower and leave Aron alone (he is out hunting and testing gear) not trying to be a cool guy repping industry brands on a hot mic. I'm not sure how much the last podcast helped. The animosity was palpable between them.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Things just got real crazy with this whole thing! I didn't know there was so much drama with Brian. I'm not familiar with Snyder either. But just judging by the deleted video on SG and Kif, and now Aron on the GB podcast I can see that there is something really strange going on.. Looks like he might be trying to hide the video with Aron by double posting. He hasn't posted more than 3 times in a week in forever. then he posts 2 podcasts in 3 hours. Kinda weird

Not really, I called him to discuss his/my issues and we decided to do a podcast about it. I was on the first couple hundred podcasts with him, so there’s a lot of history/baggage.

I really just want to go hunting, help people out when I can and live my life in relative piece. I hoped the podcast would help with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
Not really, I called him to discuss his/my issues and we decided to do a podcast about it. I was on the first couple hundred podcasts with him, so there’s a lot of history/baggage.

I really just want to go hunting, help people out when I can and live my life in relative piece. I hoped the podcast would help with that.

That's great to hear. Glad to hear you guys have worked it out to an extent and talked about it.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider

It shows character to be the bigger person and quash things. Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Dont know either one of you but good on you for doing whats right.

have you listened to his podcast he released today? he and snyder sat down and hatched things out. i think it sucks that hunting has turned into nothing but talking crap and picking sides. last i checked its supposed to be about being in the woods "harvesting" stuff. although the memes on kifaru insiders were pretty hilarious before they got taken down.

TheTone

WKR
Here’s a big one that jumps out is the amount of money these “personalities and influencers” are getting paid by companies. Think how much less your bows, backpacks, clothing etc would cost if a bunch of clowns with social media followers weren’t making a living off this and had real jobs.

Poser

WKR
Here’s a big one that jumps out is the amount of money these “personalities and influencers” are getting paid by companies. Think how much less your bows, backpacks, clothing etc would cost if a bunch of clowns with social media followers weren’t making a living off this and had real jobs.

It’s part of their total marketing budget, so, even if influencers were to go completely your of vogue, that money would be spent on social media ads, SEO, paid search, retargeting ads, shopping cart abandonment ads, print ads, YouTube pre roll ads, mailers, trade shows etc. I’ll also add that companies spend far, far less on print ads then they used to. Ultimately, they determine their marketing budget and parse it out that way.

That being said, the macro influencer effect is starting to fade. Big time celebrities are being paid less to pimp products than just a few years ago. It’s trending more towards micro influencers and spreading that money around through more people vs. one or a handful of influencers. Also, There are plenty of boutique brands that do not pay anyone to use their gear and at least one popular-on-Rokslide backpack company that spends $0 on marketing: not even social media ads and the packs are in the same price range as these companies allegedly paying someone $40k to pimp a backpack.

you mean you aren't sitting around waiting for drama? I think both of you want to just live life, glad you guys cleared the air..... hope you have some stuff lined up this spring, probably a lot less than you had planned..... weird times we're living.

tdhanses

WKR
It’s part of their total marketing budget, so, even if influencers were to go completely your of vogue, that money would be spent on social media ads, SEO, paid search, retargeting ads, shopping cart abandonment ads, print ads, YouTube pre roll ads, mailers, trade shows etc. I’ll also add that companies spend far, far less on print ads then they used to. Ultimately, they determine their marketing budget and parse it out that way.

That being said, the macro influencer effect is starting to fade. Big time celebrities are being paid less to pimp products than just a few years ago. It’s trending more towards micro influencers and spreading that money around through more people vs. one or a handful of influencers. Also, There are plenty of boutique brands that do not pay anyone to use their gear and at least one popular-on-Rokslide backpack company that spends $0 on marketing: not even social media ads and the packs are in the same price range as these companies allegedly paying someone $40k to pimp a backpack.

What is that pack company? Seek Outside? Think they have people they sponsor, I know Gritty and Lampers used their tipis and stoves, wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t use the packs in the future.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
The problem that I see here is that people(including many people on here), have made celebrities out of hunters. Hunting and hunters should never have celebrities. It's just going into the woods and hoping to put some meat in the freezer. You don't need the best boots, best backpack, latest pants or most ultralight gear. The whole idea of podcasts and videos has one thing behind it, selling gear, downloads and clicks. It's ridiculous. People have been hunting for eons, and it's only in the last decade that this bullshit has got out of hand with social media driving it.

Take a step back, gain some perspective and realize that these guys, these ideas and these internet beefs are not worth discussing in the slightest.

And for those who don't like brian call, don't listen. That's the way to sting him the hardest. Don't download his content. Simple fix to a non-existant problem.

I like a few podcasts. Elk shape, no bs and educational. Meateater, again educational and bearable if Rinella's ego doesn't overshadow the conversation and I listen to some of rogan's podcasts. Again, can be very educational.

The problem that I see here is that people(including many people on here), have made celebrities out of hunters. Hunting and hunters should never have celebrities. It's just going into the woods and hoping to put some meat in the freezer. You don't need the best boots, best backpack, latest pants or most ultralight gear. The whole idea of podcasts and videos has one thing behind it, selling gear, downloads and clicks. It's ridiculous. People have been hunting for eons, and it's only in the last decade that this bullshit has got out of hand with social media driving it.

Take a step back, gain some perspective and realize that these guys, these ideas and these internet beefs are not worth discussing in the slightest.
I agree mostly, but we are way beyond that and there is no going back.

back in the day, talented hunters were well known within the local inner circles, they were still recognized, and looked at the same way, just on a way smaller scale. it's not completely the fault of the "celebs" you mention, though obviously many hunt just for the recognition they are trying to get.

a person cannot hunt a lot, and share his/her experiences, and be very successful without people recognizing it anymore, even if they just share within their inner circle, those pics and stories end up on the internet.... there are hunting "celebs" that most know, even though they aren't personally posting their life online, that's just the times we live in now.

take a person like Aron for example, he says he doesn't like social media and wishes he didn't have to do it, and I believe that from him, but in his life path, for now he pretty much has to.

I get what you are saying, but i'm not gonna blame someone for trying to build a life where they can hunt non stop, and still make a living.... some are attention hoes, but some are trying to find a way to hunt non stop and make a living out of it.... can't blame them.

the beauty of this all, is it doesn't have to effect your life in any way whatsoever, you don't have to follow or pay attention to anyone.

if you are on any social media (forums or otherwise) you can't criticize people sharing their hunts and knowledge, that's what makes things entertaining, you being on a forum is participating in the thing you don't like.

like I said, I see where you are coming from, but it's just not how the world currently works, a lot has changed in the past 20yrs, and it's gonna keep changing. if you don't like it, you have the option to avoid social media (all forms) and live your life and do your thing.

I am approaching a crossroad myself, I have avoided all social media besides a couple forums, but i'm shifting my career path, and will have to start doing the social media BS if I want to compete in my industry.... i'm not looking forward to that aspect, but that's the life we live in now.

a lot of jobs these days demand a social media presence, and with that you put yourself out there, and may become known, good or bad