Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

You think the guy in that painting hiked 60 vertical miles every hunt or is that just a 2020 badass thing?

You bet he did, he was also probably chasing spikes and they magically became 20 points in the painting :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the amount of miles those guys actually put in daily was unreal, not to derail but look up "Kwäday Dän Tsʼìnchi" if you want some interesting reading during this lockdown.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Good post, thank you. We are in agreement. And I'm not against people sharing on social media. The only social media, apart from forums I am on is instagram. And, I am not against people finding a niche in an emerging market and carving out a living and getting to hunt a lot more because of it. All I was trying to say was people dont need to feed the fire. If you dont like something, dont engage with it. Good luck to all this season.

S.Clancy

WKR
What is that pack company? Seek Outside? Think they have people they sponsor, I know Gritty and Lampers used their tipis and stoves, wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t use the packs in the future.
Pretty sure he's talking Exo. I'm huge fans of theirs for many reasons, the above included.

CorbLand

WKR
I agree mostly, but we are way beyond that and there is no going back.

back in the day, talented hunters were well known within the local inner circles, they were still recognized, and looked at the same way, just on a way smaller scale. it's not completely the fault of the "celebs" you mention, though obviously many hunt just for the recognition they are trying to get.

a person cannot hunt a lot, and share his/her experiences, and be very successful without people recognizing it anymore, even if they just share within their inner circle, those pics and stories end up on the internet.... there are hunting "celebs" that most know, even though they aren't personally posting their life online, that's just the times we live in now.

take a person like Aron for example, he says he doesn't like social media and wishes he didn't have to do it, and I believe that from him, but in his life path, for now he pretty much has to.

I get what you are saying, but i'm not gonna blame someone for trying to build a life where they can hunt non stop, and still make a living.... some are attention hoes, but some are trying to find a way to hunt non stop and make a living out of it.... can't blame them.

the beauty of this all, is it doesn't have to effect your life in any way whatsoever, you don't have to follow or pay attention to anyone.

if you are on any social media (forums or otherwise) you can't criticize people sharing their hunts and knowledge, that's what makes things entertaining, you being on a forum is participating in the thing you don't like.

like I said, I see where you are coming from, but it's just not how the world currently works, a lot has changed in the past 20yrs, and it's gonna keep changing. if you don't like it, you have the option to avoid social media (all forms) and live your life and do your thing.

I am approaching a crossroad myself, I have avoided all social media besides a couple forums, but i'm shifting my career path, and will have to start doing the social media BS if I want to compete in my industry.... i'm not looking forward to that aspect, but that's the life we live in now.

a lot of jobs these days demand a social media presence, and with that you put yourself out there, and may become known, good or bad

Great post.

I will say it does make me chuckle when people think that celebrity hunters are new thing. People were writing books and magazine articles back in the 60s. Those guys were doing the same thing. The only thing that has changed is the platforms that are available for use.

Just like someone posted of the drawings from accent times, they have existed for centuries. While the natives may have just done it for food, you know the best hunters also got the first pick at the single ladies. Sure, it may have been for food but that was currency back in the day, just like dollars are now.

jmez

WKR
Chuck Adams, Dwight Schuh, Curt Wells, Myles Keller, etc, etc, etc. They have been around a long time. They just had a different media 15 years ago.

Don't like it, don't listen. It's pretty simple.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Chuck Adams, Dwight Schuh, Curt Wells, Myles Keller, etc, etc, etc. They have been around a long time. They just had a different media 15 years ago.

Don't like it, don't listen. It's pretty simple.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
and perhaps the OG of celebrity hunter, Mr Fred Bear:cool:

went for a drive today and hit the woods for a bit, and on my way to and from, listened to the Gritty podcast with Aron.... the world would be a better place if people were in general more confrontational.... that was a good idea for them to just clear the air and get rid of some speculation.... I thought it was good and timely.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
You think the guy in that painting hiked 60 vertical miles every hunt or is that just a 2020 badass thing?

wonder what the guys FOC is and arrow weight?? But did it happen if you don't post it on IG or say it was 60 vertical miles?? only thing is how full your freezer is at the end of the yr. Those freezer IG posts should be the new fad! lol

wonder what the guys FOC is and arrow weight?? But did it happen if you don't post it on IG or say it was 60 vertical miles?? only thing is how full your freezer is at the end of the yr. Those freezer IG posts should be the new fad! lol

Hopefully he posts a video telling us about his kit, maybe he'll go into details on his stickbow setup before he thanks his sponsors. Wonder what backpack HE was running! :LOL:

XMP

FNG
I haven't listened to Gritty since @Aron Snyder left for reasons already frequently mentioned, but I will say I really respect the fact that Aron initiated a conversation with Brian and went on his podcast.

Aron really has little to gain from doing that, as his standing is plenty secure. The fact that he did that is really commendable. It definitely increased my respect for him.

NUGGET

WKR
I don’t know who Brian call is but that was the weirdest podcast I’ve ever listened to. Without knowing sides I would have to side with Aron and I’m definitely not a Snydee groupie.

S.Clancy

WKR
Doesnt EXO sponsor the BRO boys? Top Priority also uses their packs.
‘The Bro guys and Elk 101 are who EXO sponsors. EXO even made a Bro bag based on their input.
That may be, but from what I understand there is "pro staffing" where they are getting paid. They may have an agreement, for the BRO guys I guess, that they get some royalties off the packs branded BRO. They also do limited runs of those packs, not alwats in stock. Take it for what it's worth, I'm just a moron.