Grizz reintroduction Lower 48

slick

WKR
For effs sake. It’s always something with those damn people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KClark

WKR
From the linked article:

"Federal wildlife officials said in 2011 that additional areas should be considered for grizzly bear recovery, but that work has never been completed. The Center for Biological Diversity said in a June lawsuit that officials should consider restoring grizzlies to areas of California, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and Oregon. "

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, I'm all for it. I've always thought that Central Park and downtown San Francisco, LA, and Chicago and many others needed some bears........and wolves.

I just saw where they've brought 10 grizzlies from Argentina to Southeastern Colorado here recently. They say they're in cages, but who knows.

JayTx

FNG
I say all these people who advocate and fund this should have a few grizzly encounters in the wild instead of watching the cuddly commercials.

Jauwater

WKR
I just don't get it. What's the rhyme or reason for the Grizz, and Wolve reintroduction? Is it politics or just bleeding hearts? Why is it important to people for these predators to be thriving here within the lower 48? I just don't see the benefit for the animals or us. I can't wrap my mind around the "why". I figure just let them be.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

I just don't get it. What's the rhyme or reason for the Grizz, and Wolve reintroduction? Is it politics or just bleeding hearts? Why is it important to people for these predators to be thriving here within the lower 48? I just don't see the benefit for the animals or us. I can't wrap my mind around the "why". I figure just let them be.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk
Money and power. Wolf reintroduction has been an absolute goldmine for the green groups. Think of the litigation power these groups will have with the ESA .

bobr1

WKR
This is so annoying, I can never understand the anti's logic..."They should not be removed from the ESL until they are restored in their historic ranges". Guess what, It is not possible as most of those places are cities and suburbs. I mean, if you wanted to truly support reintroduction to their native lands then burn down your house and live a nomadic life in a teepee. Just another goal post moving unachievable cause so the board members of these groups can keep a job and make money from these uninformed yuppies.

Marble

WKR
I think it's pretty simple to understand. They don't like hunting, hunters or anything in that realm. Its emotionally based and not logical. Their goal is to discourage hunters and make it more difficult to do eveything related to our sport.

They really do not take into consideration any of the things we do.

And yes they have more money than us on this particular topic, but if sportsman in general were to pool their money to fight this topic, they would drown in the support we put forth. It's really something that's attached hulking our sport from the outside. Bullet and gun restrictions, more costs, less licenses, less animals, more predators. Eventually they will attack hunting in its totality.

rob86jeep

WKR
So, for a lot of people against the wolves coming back they claim it's because the wolf they're trying to reintroduce/introduce isn't the same as the one that was here originally. Is this the same for the grizzly or is there a different reason to not want them reintroduced?

Beendare

WKR
Get ready for the non sequitur (ie; ridiculous) arguments FOR Grizzly bears....

"But they were here first"

"We need them for Balance of nature"

"We need them for biological diversity"

All^ a bunch of hogwash.

The 'It would be cool to have Grizzlys everywhere" crowd is in La La land when it comes to the consequences of this apex predator in and around high population cities. They have a misguided notion that bringing the Grizzly population back to some 1800's mythical time frame somehow magically makes the world better. They don't factor in the world has changed drastically. They don't have a clue as to the cost to F&G depts to attempt to manage Grizz.

We have experience with the many huge mistakes of the wolf reintroduction....the huge costs and lawsuits...and the many unintended consequences.

Its the 'fool me once' principle....lets not let it happen again.