Grizzly and cubs spotted in Diamondcreek

Pwells10

WKR
Not sure if this has been disclosed. We hunt diamondcreek every year and noticed the black bear population and cougar density has jumped.

This is the first time I’ve heard of grizz being spotted. (Between Georgetown and soda springs) Doesn’t surprise me though due to the density in Wyoming.

Dads buddy caught a couple tracks and he talked to a couple hunters that had the pics of the sow and 2 cubs.

EDIT: Some have told me it’s a black bear print. I’m not sure what it is, I’m no expert. I’ve been told it’s not rounded enough to be a black bear. Dads buddy texted me the pic and then called and told me the story.

Anyone else have info on it?

Attachments

• A36DB932-8B88-4E5C-B6FE-EDA4318DE6FB.jpeg
    A36DB932-8B88-4E5C-B6FE-EDA4318DE6FB.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Would have been nice if they had laid something next to it for scale. Every grizz track I've seen has left no doubt about what it was from the size.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
Would have been nice if they had laid something next to it for scale. Every grizz track I've seen has left no doubt about what it was from the size.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s what I told him. He just said it was double his hand but that could’ve been an over exaggeration

Will_m

WKR
That looks like a blacky with what looks to be those two claw marks close to pad.

Definitely not an expert or even close to it though.

Rob5589

WKR
I've hunted there 4 (16-19) seasons and never saw a bear or cat. Saw a few small bear tracks once. Being so close to WY it makes sense. We heard wolves two nights in 2019 and saw some tracks. Nobody believed us though. One dude told us "Californians" that ID has much larger yotes than CA.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I've hunted there 4 (16-19) seasons and never saw a bear or cat. Saw a few small bear tracks once. Being so close to WY it makes sense. We heard wolves two nights in 2019 and saw some tracks. Nobody believed us though. One dude told us "Californians" that ID has much larger yotes than CA.
We rarely seen cats or bears on our trail cams. But last year was a crazy year. Had 4 cats on one picture and 3 different bears on another cam. @Tips n Tails was bluff charged by a big ole black bear in the brush this past season.

mealteam6

FNG
Not surprising, I thought it was fairly well established that there were a few stragglers roaming that area already. I don't spend much time in that zone though.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Black for sure. A person could draw a straight line from the bottom of the small to large toe without touching the pad , w a black that line would bisect one or the other unless that line goes into the pad.

Last edited: