Grizzly Attack

mitchellbk

Lil-Rokslider
In the past 8 or so years, I think every year there's been bear attack (or two) in Island Park/West Yellowstone. I could dig through the news articles but I'm too lazy.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
In the past 8 or so years, I think every year there's been bear attack (or two) in Island Park/West Yellowstone. I could dig through the news articles but I'm too lazy.

More than one or two. There were 2 attacks with injury and 3 other reported attacks in Island Park last year. It’s going to continue as long as these predators go unchecked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

local news reported that there was a moose carcass 50 yards away from where he was attacked. They also reported today that while doing the griz attack investigation the bear came back to claim its carcass and charged the LEO’s several times and was shot dead at 20 yards.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
local news reported that there was a moose carcass 50 yards away from where he was attacked. They also reported today that while doing the griz attack investigation the bear came back to claim its carcass and charged the LEO’s several times and was shot dead at 20 yards.

Apparently he charged a group of 7 officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RZMan

FNG
His sisters are quoted as saying:
"I want people to know that Carl wasn't out there… he wasn't out there making stupid choices and like chasing after animals. He's very aware of rules and guidelines," Cook said.

"He's very respectful of wildlife and someone that recreates very professionally," Russell said.

As opposed to what? Hunters? Bears don't play by "rules and guidelines" whatever that means, ladies. They don't care if you hug trees, pick mushrooms or hunt for meat or sport. By the way, I understand being upset about the attack but there is nothing "stupid" about "choices" like hunting for meat or sport. If the gentleman was a hunter, he would have deserved it? Is that the inference here? I dunno...just sounds like a rant against hunting and those who hunt. I do wish him a speedy recovery.

TxxAgg

WKR
"I want people to know that Carl wasn't out there… he wasn't out there making stupid choices and like chasing after animals. He's very aware of rules and guidelines," Cook said.

"He's very respectful of wildlife and someone that recreates very professionally," Russell said.

As opposed to what? Hunters? Bears don't play by "rules and guidelines" whatever that means, ladies. They don't care if you hug trees, pick mushrooms or hunt for meat or sport. By the way, I understand being upset about the attack but there is nothing "stupid" about "choices" like hunting for meat or sport. If the gentleman was a hunter, he would have deserved it? Is that the inference here? I dunno...just sounds like a rant against hunting and those who hunt. I do wish him a speedy recovery.
I didn't read it that way. I think you're reaching.

I read it as he wasn't trying to get too close to a wild animal. Lots of dummies around Yellowstone wana get close for their instagram page.

fmyth

WKR
Yesterday I read in a FB group that the person mauled is Carl Mock a guide at Backcountry Adventures. He posted that Carl sustained injuries to his scalp and face. It was also mentioned that Carl is an amateur photographer and often took pics of bears in the park. Sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope he recovers.

RZMan

FNG

I didn't read it that way. I think you're reaching.

I read it as he wasn't trying to get too close to a wild animal. Lots of dummies around Yellowstone wana get close for their instagram page.
Perhaps I did, but that's how I read it as it was written. Of course, I should refrain from seeing a negative as often articles are also edited heavily, sometimes with intent sometimes for space constraints and leaving out other details or comments, like the one above someone says here he is a professional guide. No mention of that. But no matter. Either way, an attack like that is a huge setback for him and again as I said, I hope for a speedy recovery.