Grizzly Bears Delisted

Here's the thing. The folks who effect the "image" the most don't care. Unless you are going to bomb trailer parks and Wal-Mart's your words fall on deaf ears. I'm not saying you have to be a dick to folks. I just do my thing regardless of what others think. Then again, I'm not the camo pajama wearing Wal-Mart crowd either. And it is all about the kill, that is the point of hunting. If you want to lie to yourself that is fine.....i don't buy it though. If it wasn't about killing shit and feeding yourself then you would just leave the gun and home and go for a hike.

Like others have said......i wouldn't get too happy yet. I'm sure there will be years if court battles before the first tag is issued.

Like others have said......i wouldn't get too happy yet. I'm sure there will be years if court battles before the first tag is issued.

This is not necessarily true. An injunction would have to be filed to block an prospective hunts from occurring while the delisting itself is being litigated. In order to get an injunction granted, it has to be shown that irreparable harm could be done to the grizzly population should any proposed hunt(s) take place.

I think there is a very, very good chance the delisting sticks without being overturned. I also think there is a very good chance it happens without an injunction being filed. For those that paid attention and remember, the crux of the initial proposal to delist was the judge's opinion the FWS did not adequately consider the impact of loss of white bark pine trees (due to disease/drought). It has been years since then, with no documented impacts from this. If anything, it shows the amazing adaptability of grizzly bears.