Grizzly Bears in Idaho’s nether regions

Forgive me if this thread already exists, I did my best to check and did not find one..

I heard an interesting story from a passerby out on the trail regarding a apparent “Grizzly” sighting in unit 22... I don’t necessarily want to believe it, but with a bear confirmed just east of White Bird, it is not necessarily out of the realm of possibility, I suppose. These are kind of hot, fun topics to toss around.

I thought it would be fun to have a campfire-like banter on here, regarding “Grizzly” bears where they ARE NOT supposed to be.

So for the sake of a good time, what is the word on the street?? Stories are good, pics are better.

OP
I’ll start. This picture is posted specifically for new residents that have recently moved into the Boise area from a certain West coast state that shall not be named. Picture is of a grizzly bear feeding on berries near Bogus Basin.

Attachments

• 9F72051A-B215-481A-A301-6BF953EC8A0D.jpeg
    9F72051A-B215-481A-A301-6BF953EC8A0D.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 135

freddyG

WKR
It won’t be long before someone gets mauled/eaten. There is a bear in the Grangeville area, that is a problem bear. IFG has been trying to trap him, with no success.

I saw a grizzly in unit 4 a couple of times. Don't know if they " belong " there.
Wasn't there one shot around the elk ranch near rose lake a while back? I see multiple grizz a year up North, doesn't surprise me they would be around Grangeville honestly.

I've heard locals in kamiah and kooski while I was around there talking about seeing grizz there....

I grew up in unit 22 and there have been rumors of grizz since I was a youngster. I spend a lot of time in there, many houndsmen run dogs in there as well. I would think if there were indeed grizz around, they’d been found by now. I totally believe they are down as far south as Grangeville though.

grfox92

WKR
Grizzly bears home range can be up to 500 Sqare miles.

That 30 Somthing year old bear they just found dead in Green River area was radio collared in Shoshone National Forest just outside yellowstone. Thats 6 hours by car.

To think that bears aren't spending time in parts of Idaho where bears aren't established would be silly to say the least.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk