Ground blinds

I have a few spots i hunt that would be best suited for a blind. In general I like stands hunting ny whitetail. I have seen blinds now have see through mesh. Im not sure what it is called but curious if people think it worth going that route vs typical

WCB

WKR
The new blinds like the Primos Surround View are really nice. I hate blinds because of visibility in general...I have a couple of the older Double Bulls and newer ones with Surround View and the older ones definitely get less use. Even though I really brush in my blinds you can still see through where I have almost no blind spots besides behind me. They are not quite as weather resistant as rain and blowing wind will get in a bit more. That is really the only negative I have on them and honestly it isn't really an issue just a difference.

rebels20

FNG
I own a Muddy Prevue 2 that has the see through mesh. I ,like you, mainly hunt stand for deer, but used it for turkey season this year and had great success. They are currently buy one get one free as well @ shop.gomuddy.com

4ckb

FNG
I use Muddy, Primos, Rhino blinds regularly. On my whitetail lease, I have no less than 6 up currently. They go in a month before the season and I don't brush them in at all. They stay up all season (6 months in total). They are the ticket if you like decoying whitetails. I can easily store a decoy and keep from dragging it in with me each time. As I get older, I'm enjoying blinds and comfy ladder stands a lot more! Give them a try!

OP
B
I use Muddy, Primos, Rhino blinds regularly. On my whitetail lease, I have no less than 6 up currently. They go in a month before the season and I don't brush them in at all. They stay up all season (6 months in total). They are the ticket if you like decoying whitetails. I can easily store a decoy and keep from dragging it in with me each time. As I get older, I'm enjoying blinds and comfy ladder stands a lot more! Give them a try!
Im with you on the age and finding ladders and blinds a goto. Evey hang on I set, I say never again.

Do you have a favorite of those? Any features you like?

4ckb

FNG
Im with you on the age and finding ladders and blinds a goto. Evey hang on I set, I say never again.

Do you have a favorite of those? Any features you like?
Have more of the Muddy 2 man Infinity than any others currently. I like the window system in these as they use a flexible metal rod ((or something similar) to allow the open window to be less linear, breaking up the hole created by the open window.

How do you keep snow from collapsing them (assuming it snows where you are)? Every time I try leaving one up for the full season (ends mid January), I lose one to snow collapse.

Only thing I can think of is cutting a stick to support the peak of the roof while I’m not there or maybe scotch guarding the roof so snow will slide off better.

4ckb

FNG
How do you keep snow from collapsing them (assuming it snows where you are)? Every time I try leaving one up for the full season (ends mid January), I lose one to snow collapse.

Only thing I can think of is cutting a stick to support the peak of the roof while I’m not there or maybe scotch guarding the roof so snow will slide off better.
We usually don't get any real snow until after the season (end of January) although I'm a weather watcher by nature so I will place a 2x4 under the roof hub at times. I won't lie; I've lost a few to snow collapse over the years.

49ereric

WKR
I would think sitting in a blind hurts what you can hear so never have.
shot deer though sitting on a stool with boat cushion with my face in front of a big tree and facing into the wind. Deer can’t see you while feeding downwind nor smell or hear you and shots will be close and the tree is a good rifle rest for the shot. most people want to see though. I sit like this along side of heavy cover where they may be bedding but eventually get up to feed.

DE302duck

FNG
I own a Muddy Prevue 2 that has the see through mesh. I ,like you, mainly hunt stand for deer, but used it for turkey season this year and had great success. They are currently buy one get one free as well @ shop.gomuddy.com
I can second the Muddy Prevue 2.

Personally I dislike sitting in a tent waiting for game...I prefer a natural blind but drawing a bow without the motion being seen was problematic so I created an ultralight solution. I took 40" tall shoot-thru mesh, had sleeves sewn into it so I could slide wooden dowling into em, then anchor the whole thing with guylines and stakes. Can shape the blind to fit the area i am setting up in and it rolls up to nothing for travel. I can draw my bow without being seen, it doesn't move in wind and I don't hafta lug a heavy blind. Just an option I like...especially for run & gun hunts. Takes literally 2 minutes to set up. It's like carrying a trekking pole.IMGP4326.jpgIMGP4327.JPGIMGP4328.JPGIMGP4331.JPG

HUNTMO-06

FNG

Try an extendable shower curtain rod (twist to extend type) to hold the center roof hub up from snow collapse.

WCB

WKR
I would think sitting in a blind hurts what you can hear so never have.
shot deer though sitting on a stool with boat cushion with my face in front of a big tree and facing into the wind. Deer can’t see you while feeding downwind nor smell or hear you and shots will be close and the tree is a good rifle rest for the shot. most people want to see though. I sit like this along side of heavy cover where they may be bedding but eventually get up to feed.
I normally HATE sitting in a blind for the visual reasons. I have found zero issue with hearing though...in fact the buck I shot in December I heard before I ever saw him. could hear him rubbing on some brush and walking in the snow. I would guess by where I found a fresh rub the next day pulling the bling I heard him from 60 or 70 yards.

OP
B
Personally I dislike sitting in a tent waiting for game...I prefer a natural blind but drawing a bow without the motion being seen was problematic so I created an ultralight solution. I took 40" tall shoot-thru mesh, had sleeves sewn into it so I could slide wooden dowling into em, then anchor the whole thing with guylines and stakes. Can shape the blind to fit the area i am setting up in and it rolls up to nothing for travel. I can draw my bow without being seen, it doesn't move in wind and I don't hafta lug a heavy blind. Just an option I like...especially for run & gun hunts. Takes literally 2 minutes to set up. It's like carrying a trekking pole.View attachment 458719View attachment 458720View attachment 458721View attachment 458722
very clever.

OP
B
looks like i missed the sale. A day late and dollar short as always