Ground Jerky from Scratch Recipie

treillw

WKR
Would anybody be willing to share a good recipe for ground jerky from scratch? I don't want a store bought mix - I like being able to pronounce everything that I am putting into my meat.

I've tried a couple of my own recipes and I'm not thrilled with them. Hoping to find something better this year.

Thanks!

Have you made this? Sounds interesting with the berries - not sure what to think haha.

How does the bacon hold up in the long term? Usually you want to remove as much fat as possible for jerky to avoid spoilage.
It's good. You could leave the berries out if you don't think you'll like them. No idea how it holds up long term since I didn't have the will power to find out. It might be addressed in the article about the recipe, and if not you can comment on the page and Hank will reply.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've made the Chipotle jerky in the article above, I like the adobo but not everyone appreciates the heat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Here is mine i usually just ball park the measurements in a large container of meat and mix thouroughly

1 bottle soy sauce
1/2 bottle worchester sauce
1/4 bottle teriyaki sauce "optional" (sometimes i add teriyaki sometimes i dont)
2-3 spoons onion powder
2-3 spoons garlic powder
generous amount black pepper
red pepper flakes to taste (depends on how much heat you want)
cayenne pepper to taste (depends on how much heat u want)

1 cup louisiana hot sauce, or texas pete or similar hot sauce. (u can experiment here as well, last batch i used a chipotle hot sauce just to get a different taste etc.)
2-3 spoons of liquid smoke (alittle goes a long way)

At different times I have added other flavors such as brown sugar, honey, etc. when i wanted somewhat of a "sweet heat" type jerky

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Here is mine i usually just ball park the measurements in a large container of meat and mix thouroughly

1 bottle soy sauce
1/2 bottle worchester sauce
1/4 bottle teriyaki sauce "optional" (sometimes i add teriyaki sometimes i dont)
2-3 spoons onion powder
2-3 spoons garlic powder
generous amount black pepper
red pepper flakes to taste (depends on how much heat you want)
cayenne pepper to taste (depends on how much heat u want)

1 cup louisiana hot sauce, or texas pete or similar hot sauce. (u can experiment here as well, last batch i used a chipotle hot sauce just to get a different taste etc.)
2-3 spoons of liquid smoke (alittle goes a long way)

At different times I have added other flavors such as brown sugar, honey, etc. when i wanted somewhat of a "sweet heat" type jerky

Sounds good! Are you doing the liquid ingredients with ground jerky, or whole muscle? I didn't know how it would work with ground meat.

Thanks