Group analysis help requested

MT, got it, I thought that stood for Mountain Tactical.

I swap out the short action bolt stops for long action in all my 7mm-08s and use 30-06 mags.

P

I agree with the aspect that I would likely not notice a difference. My initial question was based around wondering why 41.5 has a little horizontal stringing and 41 has a decent amount of vertical stringing (4 different groups on 4 different days) but I’m not sure that that question is important like Form was alluding to

Based on the groups it's been shooting I don't know that I would conclude either of those groups is stringing rather than the bullets just landed in those shapes within the normal distribution.

OP in your first post, ejector marks and/or stiff bolt lift are OVER pressure. That is not a sign of approaching. I've read many guys openly sharing being over pressure with signs or over book max and afraid to back down because the gun doesn't shoot as well. Dropping back an already over pressure load a "precious" .5 is not gonna guarantee anything in the summer.

bjack6755

FNG
Bergers are generally more consistent bullets imo. I hand load for my 6.5 creedmoor tikka.
41.5 h4350
140 vld or hybrids
Lapua brass

I use Hornady 140 eldm for prs comps when I can’t get enough bergers and they’re harder to get the seating depth right on tikkas. Try and seat them long and you’ll see what I mean.

OP
T
OP in your first post, ejector marks and/or stiff bolt lift are OVER pressure. That is not a sign of approaching. I've read many guys openly sharing being over pressure with signs or over book max and afraid to back down because the gun doesn't shoot as well. Dropping back an already over pressure load a "precious" .5 is not gonna guarantee anything in the summer.

Come to find out, the day I was getting ejector markings was a day I was shooting in the rain and the ammo and rifle was getting wet. After further research, water in the chamber can simulate high pressure. That load is 41.5 grains of H4350 with a 143 grain bullet, I’ve since shot it many other times and haven’t gotten ejector marks on the Hornady brass

After reading all these posts and trying to apply them, this was a 5 shot group at 600 yards. 3 of the 5 were in the middle. This was with zero wind so that is telling me I need to get better at wind calls when shooting in the wind

977a449852878fb2393636268b730984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk