Group application with youth hunter question

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

Looking at applying in Wyoming this year with a small group of friends. One of my buddies has a teen daughter that wants to shoot a pronghorn this year. Only catch is that most of us are going to apply for a doe tag only and she wants a youth buck tag...

With regard to the lottery, how do we add her to the group? Does she have to apply separately since nobody else would have a buck tag? Or is there any way to do 'mixed' groups?

Last edited:

Bryan B

FNG
She would have to apply for the buck tag (either sex tag) by herself or if other party members are applying for a buck/either sex tag then they could apply as a group with her. I believe you cannot apply as a group for doe tags and that all of you will have to apply separately for those.

wytx

WKR
I believe you can party app for doe tags, all have to be the same.
She will have to apply separately for the buck tag.
Careful she may draw and no one else.

bdan68

WKR
You could do all applications separately, more chance of somebody drawing a tag that way. Just some may draw, and others may not. And if each person applies on separate applications for each doe tag, some may draw one (or none) while others draw two. Plan on the entire group going on the hunt no matter who draws.

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
I believe you can party app for doe tags, all have to be the same.
She will have to apply separately for the buck tag.
Careful she may draw and no one else.

I just finished applying as a party and you can apply for doe tags in a party

smccardell

Lil-Rokslider
She would have to apply for buck tag herself but you can apply as a group for does. At her age, with the price of the doe tags, her father would be silly not to put her in for the doe tags, as cheap as they are. Also depending on the unit, check out the mule deer doe season. Sometimes they overlap with the antelope and you can have a chance to take a second, third or fourth animal.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Can someone more familiar clarify, are youth applications processed in the draw differently or just the fee if drawn? Best I can tell there isn't a preference to youth on odds just on fee but not sure if I missed anything. My nephew may come out this year and I'm trying to sort out application suggestions.

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone more familiar clarify, are youth applications processed in the draw differently or just the fee if drawn? Best I can tell there isn't a preference to youth on odds just on fee but not sure if I missed anything. My nephew may come out this year and I'm trying to sort out application suggestions.

The game and fish folks might be your best bet. I've called multiple times when I had questions applying as a party and they've always been very helpful and friendly