Grouse Hunt

I dabble in grouse from time to time. I was scouting deer on Saturday, bow in hand and flushed 11. Almost got an arrow in one sitting on a log. I should put more effort into them, as tasty as they are... Anyway got one on a quick hunt this Sunday. I made a short film, if you're interested give it a watch. (Grouse video)

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 53

Grouseman

FNG
I dabble in grouse from time to time. I was scouting deer on Saturday, bow in hand and flushed 11. Almost got an arrow in one sitting on a log. I should put more effort into them, as tasty as they are... Anyway got one on a quick hunt this Sunday. I made a short film, if you're interested give it a watch. (Grouse video)

Thanks
Man, I just shot my first grouse last week with a slingshot while elk hunting. I've run into them before but never prepared...after eating it, holy crap... tastiest bird I've ever had. Now I'm hooked and searching all over for their habitats closer to home. Nice work on your hunt!

OP
C
Man I feel like I cheated if you got one with a slingshot. Those and bears are the best tasting imo
Man, I just shot my first grouse last week with a slingshot while elk hunting. I've run into them before but never prepared...after eating it, holy crap... tastiest bird I've ever had. Now I'm hooked and searching all over for their habitats closer to home. Nice work on your hunt!

Grouseman

FNG
Lol... It wasn't easy....took me a few failed attempts. I am going out tomorrow with my .22lr....used the slingshot because I didn't want to spook the elk during the hunt, but it's between seasons now. Check out simpleshot.com they're not your father's slingshot. I use the hammer with 1/2 steel and heavy bands. Even then, for a grouse you should probably aim for the back when they're facing away from you since their breast meat is so thick.

OP
C
Those are pretty cool. Probably more practical than swapping arrows and shooting them with a field point. Seems like by the time I unnock a broadhead and nock a field point they’re usually gone. Probably faster to pull this out of your pocket like Dennis the menace. Thanks for sharing the link.
Lol... It wasn't easy....took me a few failed attempts. I am going out tomorrow with my .22lr....used the slingshot because I didn't want to spook the elk during the hunt, but it's between seasons now. Check out simpleshot.com they're not your father's slingshot. I use the hammer with 1/2 steel and heavy bands. Even then, for a grouse you should probably aim for the back when they're facing away from you since their breast meat is so thick.

Lytro

WKR
I took a 30 minute break this past weekend from stalking mulies to bag a few sharps.

Attachments

• B82F33B0-1E28-40CF-8981-CCAF36CB2B8B.jpeg
    B82F33B0-1E28-40CF-8981-CCAF36CB2B8B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30