Grumman pants durability

I’m looking into buying a set of puffy pants and am thinking that I want the Grumman but I am worried about the durability. For those of you that have them how do they hold up?

i have highly considered the lost park pants but am worried about how well it packs out. The weight penalty of synthetic vs down isn’t a deal breaker but it is something that has been considered and the pack ability is a higher concern.

Any other brands that I should consider that are in that ~200$ range?

snel6424

FNG
The Kifaru is going to be heavier and pack down considerably less than the Grumman. BUT the Kifaru is going be significantly more durable. So, in my opinion, it depends on hat you're going to be doing in them. If you're just going to be wearing them while glassing, and they're going to go back in your bag as soon as your done, get the Grumman. But if you're going to be moving around in them, get the Kifaru

OP
Justin Price
The Kifaru is going to be heavier and pack down considerably less than the Grumman. BUT the Kifaru is going be significantly more durable. So, in my opinion, it depends on hat you're going to be doing in them. If you're just going to be wearing them while glassing, and they're going to go back in your bag as soon as your done, get the Grumman. But if you're going to be moving around in them, get the Kifaru
I plan to wear them only while glassing. Will I have any problems with the seat being thin on the Grumman if I’m sitting on a rock without a glassing pad?

406unltd

WKR
You will tear up those sg pants. The ounce counting companies would rather save a few ounces vs making something that can withstand the woods without having to worry about every place you kneel or sit without a pad. This is unacceptable when you consider the price you pay and where they will be used. Only real option is the Kifaru if you want something that won’t be covered in tenacious tape.

OP
Justin Price
You will tear up those sg pants. The ounce counting companies would rather save a few ounces vs making something that can withstand the woods without having to worry about every place you kneel or sit without a pad. This is unacceptable when you consider the price you pay and where they will be used. Only real option is the Kifaru if you want something that won’t be covered in tenacious tape.
This is what I was worried about. I appreciate the feedback.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider

Do they run any sales on the Grumman down pants? I was thinking about getting some to use when at base camp or glassing. I was looking at Kuiu down pants they are 349 though and about the same specs.